Grizzly in 67

Trad Bow 1979

Hello everyone, I am a NR considering putting in for an archery elk hunt in 67. Obviously the close proximity to Yellowstone makes the chance of a grizzly encounter very possible. It seems last year the bad encounters between hunters and grizzlies in Montana and Wyoming came mostly from NR hunters. Obviously there is knowledge that residents have that us NR do not have. Are there areas in the unit that have high concentrations of bears that should be avoided? Are some of these NR hunters just not using good situational awareness while in the field? Or is it just random bad luck. In my state I have no issue packing out an elk in the dark. Is this something that many Wyoming residents avoid in order to reduce chances of encounters? Thoughts?

My rule for killing and packing an elk out after dark is come back the next day. Use the wind in your favor when approaching the carcass make plenty of noise and never do it alone.

))))----------->

lots of Grizzlies in 67,61,62 ect. If you hunt early bowhunt most grizzlies are up high above timberline, eating moths for hecks sakes? Saw lots of nice berries down low last year that hadn't been touched yet.

In 67 the only part you need to worry about grizzly bears is the whole part.

Seriously though treat the whole thing as bear country, because it is.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom