Grizzly kill on Reservation

I love looking at the comments. So many people have no idea what it is like on the Reservation here. They have no concept of what the culture and the lifestyle is really like. They already started blaming ranchers, they then blamed it on Trump supporters and said it had to be republicans.

Not once did anyone mention it was a truck load of drunk natives that were driving around in a pick up shooting anything that moved...

It is always funny when when other poaching issues occur here on the reservation. There is always someone that blames white people for oging on the reservation and stealing from the natives again... I always laugh at that, knowing that the one place I will never venture into the back country and the one place I would never want to break the law is on the reservation. After all such violations typically are handled by federal police... Basically everyone I know wants nothing to do with anything on the res.

I love looking at the comments. So many people have no idea what it is like on the Reservation here. They have no concept of what the culture and the lifestyle is really like. They already started blaming ranchers, they then blamed it on Trump supporters and said it had to be republicans.

Not once did anyone mention it was a truck load of drunk natives that were driving around in a pick up shooting anything that moved...

It is always funny when when other poaching issues occur here on the reservation. There is always someone that blames white people for oging on the reservation and stealing from the natives again... I always laugh at that, knowing that the one place I will never venture into the back country and the one place I would never want to break the law is on the reservation. After all such violations typically are handled by federal police... Basically everyone I know wants nothing to do with anything on the res.
I found myself in the middle of the reservation broke down on my snowmobile one time. 5 Indians on patrols found my track and tracked me down, that was not a good day.

They probably read a study out of Texas about the genetic inferiority of grizzly bears residing on the reservation and decided to kill it before it started breeding bears from outside the reservation.

Cracks me up when Indians/tribes get involved in lawsuits to protect bears and blah blah. But yet they cant manage themselves.

The poaching and wanton waste that occurs on and around this Rez is unbelievable, unless you’ve seen it. Even Sports afield had a feature article on it awhile back.

And all the crime is blamed on whites. Even the non hunting crime. Yes they have horrible crime and yes it’s especially bad on women there but it’s their own people that are committing the crimes. That wind river movie tried to blame the crime on the horrible evil white oil field workers.

I have relatives on the rez and the life there is nothing I'd want any part of. almost every rez is a disaster in every sense of the word and it's a tragedy. I honestly believe the rez system perpetuates poverty and failure that would be overcome in a generation or two if they left the rez.

That said, it's their nation and the people who stole the land that surrounds it should mind their own business.

I have relatives on the rez and the life there is nothing I'd want any part of. almost every rez is a disaster in every sense of the word and it's a tragedy. I honestly believe the rez system perpetuates poverty and failure that would be overcome in a generation or two if they left the rez.

That said, it's their nation and the people who stole the land that surrounds it should mind their own business.
I disagree with the word “stole” , not saying it was right but I think the white man won that war.

Its just historical revision that suits today's PC culture. The current tribe claiming they have resided on said ground since the beginning are not truthful.....they killed and conquered the previous native people there. This narrative that everything was a panacea among Indian tribes prior to Evil White men showing up is a joke, just not true. But dudes comment about the wisdom of exiting the res is spot on, not often do I agree with him.

Cracks me up when Indians/tribes get involved in lawsuits to protect bears and blah blah. But yet they cant manage themselves.
For the most part their lawyers are a bunch of honky liberals. Lawsuits are job security for lawyers.

Hold on a min I thought natives could kill anything at anytime on the rez?
Grizzly bears are considered sacred. With a federally protected species the USFWS has investigative jurisdiction but not criminal jurisdiction.

”Tribal leaders have crisscrossed the country circulating a positive vision for grizzlies in a treaty called “The Grizzly: A Treaty of Cooperation, Cultural Revitalization and Restoration” (link). In 2016 about 300 people, including tribal representatives and their families from Montana, Alberta, Idaho, Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico, and South Dakota gathered at a treaty signing event at Lake Lodge in Grand Teton Park. Only once before, in a case related to buffalo, had Tribes developed a treaty expressly with the purpose of protecting an animal.

“To us, [hunting grizzlies] would be like trophy hunting our grandparents,” says Chief Stan Grier of the Piikani Nation, who initiated the Grizzly Treaty. “This treaty between our nations is not just about the preservation of this sacred being”

Last edited:
Well, another consideration in the Bear protection mindset is that the native American viewpoint is just that....a viewpoint. Mine and many others in our nation agree that God gave Man dominion over the critters in our world. Agreeing they are
a family member ....not so much . To each his own in our great Nation

Last edited:

TOOK. There is a difference.

Plus. Its pretty funny that history only started in the latter 1800's.

Who did the tribe that possess the res "STEAL" land from? The sugar coat BS around the native "peace, love, harmony" narrative is the biggest pile of BS.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom