Grizzly Unit Info

D

Dmanmastertracker

I am a Washington resident looking into putting in for the Grizzly unit, I assume the majority of public lands are in the Ochoco's? Thanks in advance.

Unless you have access to private - which is near impossible in that unit after about the first hour of the season most of the animals are on the private. You might try the Ochoco unit instead - deer or elk??

That's pretty true, elk hunting is hit and miss and the deer hunting flat sucks. a large chunk of private land that used to be open to the public is closed as of last year pushing more hunters onto what public land is left. I don't hunt Grizzly anymore but the local elk hunters say numbers are way down in the unit.

If you're after elk Ochoco, Murderers creek, Silvies or Northside are a better bet. if you're after deer I don't know what to tell you, I live in the Grizzly unit and I'm not even sure where I'm putting in, Oregon deer hunting is beyond pathetic anymore.

I'd be open to archery blacktail in the Portland area, I believe I can do that with the general tag? Ochoco might be worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom