Grocery Shopping

sageadvice

Long Time Member
i can have a hard time remembering peoples names, they go in and out that quick sometimes but when shopping, i can remember each items price and subconsciously total the shopping cart before checkout. I've caught many a mistake on their part just from the total being off a couple or few bucks more than i thought it would be.

One big chain markets around here, i've caught them so many times with mismarked items or sale items not showing correctly at the register, i'll no longer shop there. They know they are cheating people but, so far with my frustrating efforts, won't do anything to correct the problem. It's like a built in profit margin for them, stealing. Everybody that walks thru the door gets dinged unless they closely inspect their receipt. I don't cheat people, don't want to be cheated.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Uncle sage!

Funny You should Bring this up after they Bent me over earlier this Morning!

I'm not much of a Shopper!

I don't buy the Thick Sliced Bacon unless it's on sale!

Earlier this Morning I made a Run in to Town!

Thick Sliced Bacon on sale for 5.49!

Yup!

Got me a Deal I Thought!

Had a few other items & Paid for them & went Home!

I look at the Receipt when I got home & They Bent me over at 9.59 rather than the 5.49!

Not a Big Deal! Paybacks are a real Bittcchh sometimes!

[font color="blue"]"I Don't get No Sleep!I Don't get No Peace!"

Hey Founder?

Did You get Permission From shotgun1 before you made your Last
Post?
[/font]

Yep, that's it Bess, that's how our store in Chester works it. I usually catch it while i'm still at the store, the cashier has to call the manager, i get into a beef over why do you guys keep pulling this $hit...

One time, i bought several packs of country ribs on sale. Up at the register, they rang up regular price. Again i raised hell. 4 days later, i go back in to get some more of them ribs while they was still on sale, nope, they never fixed the problem, still tried to cheat me at the register, I figure that they cheated everybody buying sale ribs for 4 days after they already knew the right price wasn't being rang up.

a couple months ago, i finished a little job and being handy, i sent my helper into the store to get a big pack of burger. i hadn't been in that store in years but gave them a try. When my helper returned, the sale price was clearly listed near $13. right in yellow tag on the pack of meat but the receipt showed that they charged him/me the regular price of $17., still stealing from people and i friggen hate that.

I love good bacon Bess, food of the Gods! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Joey, you sound like my wife. She watches them like a hawk and catches them a lot too. She doesn't care if there is a line a mile long behind her either. :)

If she gets out to the truck before she notices, she'll march back into the store and make them do it right. It's the principle, she says.

We were in Winco (we've never had a problem with Winco, btw) Thursday morning about 6 am and they had London Broil on sale for $2.98/lb. (usual price is $7.95). I use it a lot to make jerky. I bought all they had out on display (5 packages). It rang up correct too. Yahoo!!!

yeah eel, most stores are good, 99% of the time, never a problem getting over charged. Not this big chain grocery store in chester though. They have tried to cheat me 4-5 times in a row.

I like to shop and i like to cook up good meals, things that i like. It's kinda like my reward, if i had a good day and made a few bucks, i'll fix myself something nice. When they were cheating me all the time or trying to, took all the fun out of going in that store and i could see the cashiers seeing me and they'd get a frown on their face, like oh no, not this guy again. Who needs that?

homemade jerky huh? i'll bet it's good! Raining like a sumbitch here all day but thank God for a helper and inside work, i got in 5 hrs today and 5 hrs yesterday, i'm making spareribs. :)

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom