GS customs

REDDOG

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Feb-13-10 AT 09:52PM (MST)[p]Anyone??

I've gotta try them! May not be for awhile, but the 30 cal 177 gr with a .62 BC is an eye catcher. the Africa boys rave about them. i love mono's one larger big game at high velocity and this may be the best one available. I hear they are getting vendors in the USA, so that may help with the 100$ per 50 price tag shipping them from the RSA.

Sleek, eh?

5954hvmedium2.jpg

REDDOG, I have a couple buds that have been using them for a while. They have loaded them in .30-06, 6.5-06 and .30-.338 Lapua IMP. Most guys here would call me a liar if they knew the velocities they are getting, especially the Lapua pushing the 177 gr. I do know the BC claims were suspect, but that GS was doing more testing. I think my buddies know of a fairly good supplier and I'll find out if you are interested. Availability has been a real pain. The bullet doesn't kill stuff in any more dramatic fashion than anything else, but the BC claims coupled with the driving band theory seems interesting enough. This past fall they took 8 or 10 animals. I haven't got a full hunt report yet but I will. mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-10 AT 03:52PM (MST)[p]muley, I'd beleave the claims. I have a contact that is using them in his 30-378 @ incredible velocity's. the bullet is next generation technology, IMO. velocity, combined with the high BC makes for a stellar LR performer, abd the front nose is desighned to shed its petals, unlike the other mono's. You know i'm sure, but the back part of the bullet is sub caliber in dia, which allows the velocity gain w/o pressur increase.

I have found a contact on the 24hr that will bring some back for me, i just hope to see a vendor in the USA..far as i know, their have been a few in the past, but they stopped importing them??

I am very interested in your buddy's opinion of them on game, every report i've read from african hunters rave about them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom