gseven G7 br2 ranger finder

BIGJOHNT

Long Time Member
Anyone using this range finder ? Just wonder your thoughts on it . Aren't the new ranger finder bino's almost do the samething ?

BigJohn, I don't have one and I haven't used one but I have a buddy who has one one and I think the Gunwerks guys frequently pair it with their long range custom guns. The thing that is different about this than the typical range finder or even one that is built into binos is that it takes temp and barometric pressure readings. IMO this is especially important when shooting to ranges greater than 600 yards. I personally think it is a little overkill for the average guy, but for those doing long range it sounds awesome.

The new Leica also reads and utilizes temp and pressure. The difference is the Leica makes you pick a drop chart from their list and G7 allows you to input it. Better, but much more expensive.

My dad has one, and it is the best I have ever used. Not only does it do the above mantioned but it ranges faster and further then any other. You can easily get ranges to 1400 without having to put it on a tripod. I've ranged without a tripod to 2100 yards. Only down side is the price $1500 and size. I love the size of the Leica 1600 but not as good IMO

I have one and love it. Not only does it do what everyone says but it allows for 5 different ballistic profile and five customs settings. I have mine set for MOA and have avoided the custom turret. It also takes nine oclock wind speeds from 5 to 50 mph in 5 mph increments. I love everything about this rangefinder.

I have been using my Leica geovids for the past few years and have gotten use to not having to carry a range finder. I was just hoping that a few of the new range finding bino's out may have come close to the G7. I have been looking at the G 7 for the last year. Watching all of the video's on there web site the last few days. I think I am going to have to pick up one .
Where is the best place to buy a G7 ? It seems that every where I look I can find it for only the 1599.00 retail price. Thanks for all of the good input. But my wife wont thank you ;-)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom