Guess the score

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-09 AT 09:46AM (MST)[p]Pictures sent, this is a buck we tried to kill for the last 2 years, no luck yet. Hopefully a friend of mine gets him this year during the first rifle hunt.

I figure he is somewhere in the 85-86 range.

Here ya go. Looks like a beauty to me.

4a842afb07ed095a.jpg

4a842b1508e88bdb.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-14-09 AT 09:50PM (MST)[p]Awesome antelope! It is definitely better than mid 70's. Great prongs and great mass--even at the top measurement.

Mid 70's? Sorry buddy but that goat is a book goat! I will say 83-84? I think his length and prongs are very good. The mass is good also except maybe the first circumference and maybe the 2nd? His mass is not bad, but could be a little better down low IMO.

Lets hear your guess Eli!;-)

I agree Ty! To say mid 70's is taking the easy rd. Every buck on here is "mid 70's". That buck 80+ all day long. I will agree with KTC and say 83+. GREAT BUCK shoot him!

I dont know how one can score off those pic's?? could be 85 or it could be 75?? sure dont look to have the mass to push him over 80 to me.

REDDOG,

Here is why I guess him at what I did. He has good length at 15 1/2+ or so? His mass is pretty good especially over the prong but seems to taper down to the base. His prongs are quite good at 5 1/4 to 5 1/2? The pics are tough like you say. Guessing the score based on what I can see I give him 83. If these two looks are all I am getting on any tag but central NM, I am shooting him. This is a big time guess and would really like to hear Eli on this one.

He scores 78" like Travis says.;-) That is a good indication he is 84!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-09 AT 12:20PM (MST)[p]After staring at him through the spotting scope, I figured his height at 17, gave 7, 8, 3, 2, for mass measurements and 7 for cutters (he curves a bit) which puts him at 88, minus 3 in round up factor 85. Hopefully I get to tape him this year as a friend has the early rifle tag. Althouh he has gone into hiding every year by rifle season. Not bad for a public land buck in a mid tier unit in OR.

I wasn't the one that guessed mid-70's. I was responding to PowellPounder's post.

The top photo is to blurred to count. A blurry photo can add 10in to a buck. Just based on the lower photo i would say 88 is a hard press. I put him around high 70's to low 80's. 88in bucks look fake they are so big. Need more photo's to make a real stab at it. You have the best view through that spotting scope though. A great buck none the less. Get him on the ground and let us know.

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom