Guess the Score

A

ADDICT

LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-10 AT 07:42AM (MST)[p]Just got my 2009 antelope back from the taxidermist. Dirk Bawden of Big Stuff Taxidermy, Erda, UT came through again. I built the pedestal out of 100 yr-old oak barnwood.

This buck has the widet forehead Ive ever seen on an antelope. He's almost 5" from base to base.

The 60-day drying period is up so let's here some scores!

Anyone know an official scorer in North Phoenix area?

IMG00037-20100723-1149.jpg

IMG00039-20100723-1355.jpg

IMG00042-20100723-1358.jpg

IMG00043-20100723-1404.jpg

IMG00038-20100723-1151.jpg

Antelope are so tough to try and score - and man with that one being so wide it makes it even tougher IMHO. Really nice buck and mount by the way.
I'll toss out a guess and say maybe 82-83 gross, he has great mass on the bottom 2 measurements, nice length & mass above and really good cutters but from the pics I can't tell the height.
Congrats though on a fine trophy!!

It's been a year so I think he may lose a little but I'll have him officially scored asap. Thanks for the feed back guys!

Ya, let us know the real score please. Official or otherwise.

My guess is 78 3/8". Regardless of the score it's a great animal and a beautiful mount. Nice base too.

Thanks for showing off your cool pronghorn!

Zeke

Great goat and score wouldn't matter as he would go down anyways just because of looks. Great mount. I'll guess 77 2/8

My initial impression is somewhere north of 80", but south of 82". But, that's a tough one. Cool buck and nice mount. The pedestal looks sweet!

Well he ended up grossing 81 and change and netting 79. Can't say I wasn't disappointed but he's still a great trophy.

I waited almost a year to score him--I wonder how much he atually shrunk?

Thanks for all of the compliments.

ADDICT, So maybe it doesn't make Book, that's sweet looking Antelope i'd be proud to have taken.

Nice thread, Thank You!!

Joey

I couldn't agree more. I feel lucky to have such a unique buck.

Thanks again for the comments guys.

Besides, I have an antelope arhery hunt in 12 days so I'm done mourning!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom