Guide for MI Unit 16D Elk

1BigDeer

After drawing a very good tag for bull elk, I feel I need to give myself the best chance to take a big bull. Who would you recommend to hire for this hunt. After reading LOTS of guide reviews some stand out for both good and bad reputations. I cannot afford to choose poorly when hiring a guide for this hunt. Thanks for the help!

g3 outfitters period! best there is and damn good guy that runs the whole show. Besides i will be there a week after your hunt so if you stick around a few days I will bless you with my presence!

also, his lodge is un-frinkin-believable. go check out his website. I think you will like it. I'm gonna buy a land owner unit wide 16e tag from him and he's gonna take my wife in there on the first bull hunt. then he's gonna guide me to a 200" deer end of october in 15 or he's not gonna charge me for the hunt. He knows 16A, 16D, 16E, 13, and 17 extremely well. He has a track record for really good bulls as long as the horn growth isn't non-existent like last year.

Check out JFW Ranch Consulting. I went with them for my daughter's Oryx hunt this past January. These are some great people and great guides. Very honest and knowledgeable. We had a great hunt.

I've been on a couple of hunts with Beaverhead. They treated me right and lived up to everything they said. Give John or Jack a call. He will steer you right!

Bill

G3 has one of the best guides there is. Good looking balding guy

Yours truly,
HumbledHunter (stinkystomper's alter ego)
Mormons are Christians too

GT Nunn with Frontier Outfitters. He's one of most honest and hardworking guys out there. And successful too.

>GT Nunn with Frontier Outfitters.
>He's one of most honest
>and hardworking guys out there.
> And successful too.

No doubt about it, have had a couple great hunts with GT, mobility impaired hunts in the 16's to. The whole outfit is sure enough the real deal.

Thing I like about G3 is that they are real people. I know the rest of these outfits mentioned above and they are either the type that make you feel really uncomfortable or have very aerogant attitudes. JFWRC is the only other guide mentioned above that I would recomend. He doesn't have an attitude and I don't believe he has a bad problem with trespassing. You really need to be aware that its just common place in the gila for guides to trespass as they usually know they can get away with it. If you choose someone other than g3 or jfwrc I would definitely carry a gps with land status topo maps and keep your guide honest as they will do anything to get a good bull.

Not running anyone down just letting you know my experience from hunting with many of them. One last thing. Hunt with Mick Chappel out of quemado and I absolutely promise you that you will be trespassing. Its not a question of if but when.

+1 for JFW Ranch Consulting -- I've been on one guided hunt with Chad Williams and i will be hiring him again this season. In fact, he will be guiding me on all three of my NM hunts this season. He works his a$$ off for his clients and is extremely honest.

You may want to look for a guide that can perform a rain dance to help put out these damn fires.

Impact Trophy Hunts (Richie Hogan)
Mangas Outfitters
Ross Johnson
Upfront outfitters
Frontier outfitting GT Nunn
Trophy ridge outfitters (Audrey McQueen)
Sebring's High Lonesome Outfitters (last 3 gov tags)
Wallagog Outfitters
Timberline (Perry Hunsaker)
Beaverhead (Jack Diamond)

In my research for applying this year, those were all the top ones in the Gila. We are going with Impact, got lucky and drew E rifle.

Anybody have the latest on unit closures? I see from the latest map the only area that hasn't burned is east of Rd 15 in the Aldo Leopold Wilderness. Has anybody contacted their outfitters/guides for the latest news on the status of hunting this yr in 16B? I have an archery tag for 16B.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom