Guided Elk Hunt suggestions

ChubbyTuna

My dad and I (65 &43) are looking to do a classic wilderness elk hunt in Wyoming. Pack in a few miles on horseback, wall tents, aspens and parks type of hunting. Would love to hunt the rut with rifles but would like to bring my bow too. My dad has yet to get an elk after a couple great tags and lots of bad luck. Lots of opportunity more important than trophy potential. We've checked out a few 5-7 day 2x1 hunts for $4500-$5000 and would like to stay in that price range. We have 5 and 4 elk points. I'd appreciate any suggestions or referals of some great hunts or gutdes you've experienced.

Thanks,
Joe

LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-12 AT 08:49AM (MST)[p]
www.oldwesthunting.com out of Buffalo does good hunts for animals up in the BigHorns, including the Cloud Peak Wilderness area and there are no grizzlies or wolves to worry about up there.

I'd go into the Thorofare if the pack in hunt was what I was after, but I don't think that's the best elk hunt.

If you just want a great hunt check out A double J outfitters in Buffalo.

Check out Bob Sundeen with Trails West Outfitters. Outstanding hunt, pack in wilderness, lots of Elk. There are bears, but they are used to dealing with them. 4 to 5 points should be enough to get drawn.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom