Guildersleeve CWMU

I knew one of the guys that used to run it a few years ago. Whats the question?

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

Well they have good deer and the elk are so so. As far as I know its a good hunt. I have heard the elk hunting isnt the best for big bulls. I have seen a few off the area and they score 320 or so.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

I'm not sure if it's still the case, but Mike Laughter guided it for several years, top notch feller, but like was mentioned, the occasional straggler 320-330 from Deseret. Better deer than elk I'd say.

www.bowhuntersofutah.com

What's the specifics? Deer or Elk? Late cow hunt? State hunter or paid hunter?

I've hunted it a few times. What ya looking for?

I found out more info. I met the guide and we found out alot of info. Should be a fun time for my grandpa. My dad and uncle both get to go along. He was lucky enough to win a hunt with the Wounded Warrior Hunt. Here is some more info for his hunt.

http://woundedwarriorhunt.com/

you can click on the soldiers stories and read his entry. It's the second one.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-07-10 AT 08:51AM (MST)[p]I listened to Mike Morgan who is the operator for that cwmu, on the 1320 outdoor radio program on tue night, and he talked about your grandpas upcoming hunt and the unit. They should have a great time. I had the chance to go up there a few years ago and seen some great bucks.

Yelum

Mike Morgan aka Mo Man is a good friend of mine. His operation is top notch you wont meet a better group of guys. They have a theme song up there "god is great, beer is good and people are crazy." but they changed the words to "deer are great, elk are good and people are crazy." I shot a great buck out there last year and my father in law just shot a 314 bull up there a few weeks ago.

How did the hunt go with your grandpa? Interested to see how things went. CB how are you? Havent seen you around town, did you move?

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

Sorry, haven't been on much lately. Grandpa didn't end up shooting anything. They saw several deer but held out for a big one. The last day they were chasing a nice deer but never got a shot off. Although he didn't get anything, Grandpa said he wasn't disappointed with how it turned out.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom