Gun barrel explodes...OMG how lucky is this kid

First I have ever seen that on tape....I bet he has developed a flinch! Something was plugging it, good reason for tape over the barrel, may not have saved this one but can't hurt.

"what the?...oh my god... you ok?... you get one?..." priorities man, priorities. :)

Wow, seen pictures but never seen it happen.

Does anybody think that might have been staged? I am not sure, but it seems funny to focus on the gun and not the elk. The camera also follows the rifle all the way to the ground. A little strange to me but I am always skeptical of internet videos.

>Does anybody think that might have
>been staged? I am
>not sure, but it seems
>funny to focus on the
>gun and not the elk.
> The camera also follows
>the rifle all the way
>to the ground. A
>little strange to me but
>I am always skeptical of
>internet videos.

your joking right?? Like everyone wants to shoot a plugged barrel and have it blow up just to get it on film.....

If it was staged, it was done by idiots.

I have an email of a guy that mistakenly fired his rifle with a borescope in the barrel and it is unbelieveable the damage that occured. Three people needed medical treatment.

I have seen several 12ga shotguns fired with something in the barrel. Sometimes it is complete "grenade" work and others it is almost unnoticeable.

The wierdest one though, was a Winchester 30-30 with THREE rounds fired into a blocked barrel and no explosion, until the 3rd round.

Had a guy, that I actually admit knowing, fire a 12ga pistol flare out of his Browning automatic shotgun with a full choke. He said the last 4 inches of the barrel "was so white hot, they couldn't look at it". That was just last month.

I think it is pretty real - and pretty much like human nature to ask if he hit the elk. Think about it - if he really did and the barrell blew up like that, that would be amazing. He did ask the guy if he was OK first - he said "yeah", though I think I would be saying quite a few other choice words that might have made that video less than publicly viewable. But looks like these guys were pretty calm about it. Yes he is very lucky to have not been hurt. I'll bet the obstruction was mud, not packed very tight and just barely in the end of the barrel.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

LAST EDITED ON Jun-09-09 AT 04:12PM (MST)[p]I took my youngest brother duck hunting years ago in my scull boat. We shot a few and then decided to get out of the boat to check a near by pond. My borther slipped getting back in the boat but I didn't think much of it at the time. He actually stuck the end of his gun in the mud and plugged it. The next scull I made was on a single Widgeon and I told my brother to take it. He shot once and missed, and for some reason I immediatly pulled up and killed it before he could take a second shot. That was something I never did. I immediatly appologized for being such a jerk, and taking his bird. Then we saw that his first shot had blown out a chunk of the barrel, and being inexperienced, he never noticed it. I'm convinced that the gun would have blown up if he had taken another shot.

To this day he says I saved his life.

Eel

This video is of my brother in-law. Happened last year up by strawberry. His 15 year old son was shooting the video on his cell phone. The hunter dropped his gun into some mud earlier in the day and thought he had it cleaned out. Lesson learned the hard way. The scariest part was having his son standing that close thankfully nobody was hurt.

Your brother-in-law? Seriously? Well I am truly glad no one was hurt. And I am just as amazed, yet again, what a tight group these forums turn out to be. Someone posts a video and someone else says hey, that's so and so. Sort of like the trail cam dude. Small, small world. If I ever lose anything or need anything I'm coming here first. :) Hey, anybody got a portable loading chute in southern Elko county?

Thanks nick. That's a little far north. I found one though. One call to my local assemblyman. :) Pretty cool.

I'm gonna just talk zigger out of some of his special order condoms....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

For more than 10 yrs. of Hunter Safety Classes now, we have a prop we show.. an old 12 gauge with barrel bent and receiver blown out when the hunter had mistakenly fired with a 20 gauge shell in chamber. Supposedly the hunter lost two fingers in the incident. Not only make sure the bore is clear, but be sure of condition and proper ammunition.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom