Gun problems

kawboy

Very Active Member
A friend of mine has a Remington bolt action .22, it is a model 528. The gun shoots just fine most of the time, however sometimes the trigger does not work. The gun seems ready to fire, but nothing happens. If you play around with the safety while the bolt is open it will start working again.

Any ideas? I told him to pull it apart and clean and lube everything really well.
Are there any common problems that these guns have?

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Just about all Guns will need to be cleaned Twice in a LifeTime!:D

Before you pull it apart!

Get a Spray Can of Rem-Lube & Spray it really well!

See what happens!

Then pull it apart & clean it!

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Sounds like a question for RELH! I have a Rem model 34 that has a hair trigger. Due to trigger spring! So if in your quest you come across a trigger spring for a 34 let me know. Great shooting guns. I am sure RELH will chime in.
good luck.

Rutnbuck

No Rut!

No sense in cleaning it now!:D

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

The Reason I suggested Rem-Oil is the Gal at Remington reamed my Ass for using WD-40 on my Guns!:D

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Obviously she had no idea who she was talking too when she banned you from WD-40. She prolly told you duct tape was no good either.......... Stupid city slickers

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-02-12 AT 10:32PM (MST)[p]Before you tear it apart, and forget how to put it back together, do this. Remove the barrel action from the wood stock and the bolt from the receiver. Go to the hardware store and buy a quart of 100% mineral spirits and a plastic spray bottle. Put mineral spirits in bottle and spray the hell out of the action, trigger group and bolt and watch the black gunk run off.

Take tooth brush and brush everything real good and spray the hell out of it again. If you have air compressor, blow off the excess mineral spirits or set aside and allow to drain for a few hours. Put rifle back together and 8 out of 10 times it will work just fine. The mineral spirits will not harm the finish on the metal parts.

Elkassassin, good for the gal that chewed your butt for using WD40. WD40 will build up over time and leave a shellac like residue on your firearms and you will have a trigger group that will fail to work also. You are better off using 100% mineral spirits.
If you want a real good gun cleaner that will work and cost you far less then the brand name stuff, use Ed's Red gun cleaner. Us old farts know about it as a similar product was used by the Springfield Armory during the great war that Kilo was to old for the draft. Sorry Brian, I had to get that one in!!!

To make Ed's Red use equal parts of mineral spirits, kerosene, and transmission fluid and use spray bottle to spray it on trigger groups Ect! Does a good job as a bore cleaner to remove carbon deposits. I make it up a gallon at a time for about 15 bucks. A true story as my Cuz would say and now you know us hillbillies use kerosene for other things besides burning people out of their homes.

RELH

Ya RELH!

Now I'm gettin chewed by a Hatfield!:D

Sprayed Old Faithful with WD-40 for 30 years & not one issue!

Well that I know of anyway!:D

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom