Gun Safe Location (Garage)?

COSA

Is it ok to put your gun safe in the garage? I live in Northern Nevada, so humidity isn't much of a problem. But we do have large temperature swings between day and night. I don't store any ammo in the safe.

Cosa, When I moved into my new place I had a problem with my safe the company couldn't get it down the stairs,too big to fit and too heavy,so mine is in the garage..I'm in about the same climate as you are and after 3 plus years I haven't had any problems.
I use silicon packs placed on the shelfs and dry them out every three months or so.I picked up some gray gun socks from sportsman wharehouse.( six for twenty bucks)that may help too....RIMROCK

Jerry,
A friend of mine has 2 safes in his garage and never has had any problems here in "sunny NOCAL". One thing he did do was, anchored them to the floor of his garage, no idiot is going to steal them safes, they will end up with hernia's. LOL

Brian

I had the same problem so my safe is in the garage too. I haven't had any problems here in Wyoming. I just always take em out and use them and clean them every other month or so.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom