Gunsmith Phoenix Area

sagebrush

Very Active Member
I have two Browning X-Bolt Stainless Stalkers that need muzzle brakes. A friend recommended a smith to me and he only does Remington and Savage rifles. Can you recommend anyone for this work?

Thanks.

Accuracy Speaks. Now I can't speak for their work, but have heard they work on just about everything.

I think they are at the Rio Salado range.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-14 AT 09:16PM (MST)[p]The only 2 I know that get recommended regularly are
Magnum Mikes ----be prepared to wait as real busy
American Armory Inc-- I have had some trigger work done and very happy. Both on the west side but I'm sure you can find competent folks on the east side if you don't want to travel.
BB

P.S. There is a gunsmith in the back of Shooters World by Indian School and 30th ave or so there about.

I live on the west side of the White Tanks, so there isn't anything too far west for me. I sent an e-mail to Magnum Mikes and never got a response.

Thanks to all for the recommendations, especially ruthunter. I spoke with Dave and took my 7MM Remington Magnum to him for the muzzle brake install. Price was good, work was good and the turnaround was quicker than Dave's original estimate. When I got the rifle home, I mounted the scope and bore sighted.

Today I went to the range to break in the barrel and zero the rifle. I am totally satisfied. This is the first rifle I have owned bigger than a .223 that stays on target well enough to see the bullet impact. What a joy to shoot. Recoil is less than my .270.

Wind today was 12-14 MPH directly crossing with gusts up to 20 MPH. Not the best conditions for sighting in. Once I got the zero at 200, I shot the the metal targets at 300, 400, 500 and 600 all with first shot hits. I never did hit the 700 yard target. I had good elevation but just could not dope that much wind at that range. I just kept swapping sides of the 10 inch metal plate. I used the G Seven program to generate the drop and windage chart and it was dead nuts on.

Dave will be getting my .338 Winchester Magnum just as soon as I have the time to get the scope off and drive out to his place.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom