Gunwerks ammo?

ClarkW

Anyone try the Gunwerks ammo? They use VLD bullets and I'm looking at the 257 WM, which they offer in 115 grain. I typically use Weatherby factory ammo (110 grain accubond), but I have heard that they out perform even the best factory ammo on thr market.

I take it you don't load your own ammo. The 110 accubonds in wby factory ammo are pretty hard to beat. If they shoot good in your rifle I wouldn't change. You could always buy one box and see how it groups. Berger are sometimes picky.

i tried the same deal in my custom 257.if it aint broke dont fix it.couldnt get the bergers to shoot at all in my gun.went back to the accubonds and wondering why i even tried to switch.

I do reload and have used the .257 bergers, but in a 25-06 not a Weatherby. Many love this bullet, but I did not like the performance on game, they did not expand on two seperate mule deer. Plus, the catch to making them shoot well, often has to do with the seating of the bullet relative to your gun. You can not fine tune this with factory ammo. You might buy a box and try, you might get lucky. Plus, the reason most go to bergers is because of the high Ballistic Coefficient you can get, but in this case the Berger is not much higher tha the Accubond. For what it's worth, I am now using the accubond in my 25-06 instead of the Bergers. For full disclosure, I do use Bergers in my 7mm and have been very happy with performance on the target and on game.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom