H or W deer??

shootem

I am looking into hunting deer in one of these regions I cant decide which one would be better. I hunted Antelope in 92 last year but I only saw one buck (spike) I am just looking for general opinions on which unit would be better to find at least a 4pt buck in with some hard work.Thanks for any ideas.

Never hunted H but hunted W the last 3 years. 07 was great, 08 had the winter kill with alot of little bucks seen, went home empty handed, and last year was pretty good. Saw some nice bucks killed but the biologist said alot of those were carry over bucks from the bad winter, plus from now on the majority of bucks will be on the young side with a few big ones in the mix. He also said that this unit is rebounding very fast and should be back in full force in a couple of more years. I am not going this year due to other possible hunts in other states. I also found out that unit 84 which is part of W is now a draw area and will not be part of W. I asked the biologist if they were going to cut tags, but he didnt think so. Also he wants a 14 day season where has fish and game wants to leave it 11 like last year. Just my 2cents worth. Be prepared for alot of guys. I personally like hunting the last 5days.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom