HACKIN DEADHEADS IN UTAH!

S

ShowThemToMe

JFP!

I run in to a Shed Hunter mid Mornin!

I could see for quite some distance He had some Tine on his BackPack!

He seen me a couple of times & Strayed both times!

Then I find where a couple of his Sheds came from!

Looked to be a Buck that died sometime during the Winter!

Yes,it T'was a Dead Head!

Freshly Trimmed off at the Bases!

But now I guess you could say they are Sheds?

Just wondering how many of you ShedHeads are 'packin'?(Saws!)

And?

Do you Hack & Pack?

Or do you leave the Dead Head for the very next TARD to Hack & Pack?

No,I didn't find any Gobblers!

But I did see one TARD and a Porqupine!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

It's been a long hard ride
Got a ways to go
But this is still the place
That we all call home

If I did shed hunt in Utah I probably would to be honest about it. I do understand kinda why they have this law but at the same time what does Utahs wildlife department care when they give out a million tags a year?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-11-12 AT 05:20PM (MST)[p]Never seen a "Hacker and Packer" yet or even a deadhead that had been hacked. What will it be next?
Ha ha, "one Tard and a porcupine." Reminds me of "a few squirrels and one porcupine" from HWJR's song "Dixie on my mind." Goodluck hunting Tards, I mean Turkeys, lol. fatrooster.

Usually when I find dead heads I will pack them if they are old. Usually I get permission to shed hunt on private property so when I find them I might pack them but depends. Never found a big one so usually won't pack them. I don't carry saws just a leatherman, and binos and maybe a .22 but nothing else. I haven't found a honey hole yet so no need for a backpack.

elkun!

You gotta be quicker than me to get a DeadHead or a Shed!

GEEZUS!

These TARDS start in November!

Got a ways to go
That we all call home

sometimes it sucks finding a dead head that is oviosly lion kill or something and not being able to pack it out. and if you try to do it the legal way it hardly ever turns out in your favor. so its hard sometimes. but i dont think hackin them would help much. because on the dwr website it says if it doesnt have the button its not a shed and you cant pack it out. but it would help make them appear as sheds. so you may not get stopped.. who knows. i think the rule is dumb when i come across a nice dead head. but overall i think its a good law because you would have so many people going out and shootin bucks in the rut just to find there head during shed hunting season.
*BUSHMEN*

If I find something that I feel is worth it, I call UDWR. If not, I leave it. I have never been told no by the DWR after they inspect it. I figure I will get to take it home or if it was poached, they can get the evidence they need to start a case. I hate poachers!
3p2

Funny elkun,Funny!

Swear to Gawd somebody close by is hacking them Roadkills around Myton!

Got a ways to go
That we all call home

The truth behind it.get to know the dwr officers in the area.if they trust you and know you they tend to be better about those sorts of things.the law was made to stop poachers from killing and picking later.don't you think roadside deer hit by cars is different? A local fish cop will meet me on the side of a road by a hit deer to give me permission to take it. They don't really care much about them.the cause of death was obvious and not intentional. If I find one up in the mountains I will call it in take lots of good pictures and bring the head in.that way they can go investigate the kill and give you the head once its declared a natural kill. I have been noticing a lot less of the officers that will claim its not a natural kill than in the past. Things are more organized and the officers usually wont risk their careers over trying to keep sometimes dead head. If you found it and its a natural kill they do their best to get it to you.

Iam with ya 3p2 till there is open season on poachers we all have to do our part, for that i think its a good law. as far as hack off antlers whats up with that? (no good fer anything sundance)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom