Halt of Bird Flu.

M

manny15

an Associate Press article headline which sheepishly acknowledged:

"Experts Puzzle over Halt of Bird Flu."

Apparently, the "experts" at the World Health Organization (WHO), the international Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and other such august bodies, were mystified by the lack of an explosion in avian influenza cases among humans over the last 9 months or so of 2006. To the mass media's glee, they'd all but explicitly predicted a pandemic following last winter's surge in cases - among birds, that is.

At least one medical expert wasn't surprised by all this - but for the life of me, I can't remember who it was. Hmmm. Who was it that said months ago that H5N1 was a bona-fide non-starter among humans? I can't quite recall...

Oh, yeah - it was that quack DOUGLASS.

In case you haven't been following the story, aside from a far-from-epidemic trickle of human cases in impoverished, crowded and unsanitary zones of East Asia - and a handful in Egypt - the H5N1 "bird flu" has overwhelmingly failed to make the jump from fowl to humans. To date, only around 165 people have died of H5N1 worldwide since the virus exploded onto the scene four years ago.

This, despite varying degrees of the virus being detected among birds not only in Asian nations like China and Indonesia, but in such far-flung zones as Germany, Egypt, Nigeria, Turkey (the country, not the bird), France, Romania, Iraq - and most recently, Great Britain. That's where 159,000 turkeys at England's largest poultry producer were just this past week slaughtered and incinerated after a number of them died from infection with the H5N1 virus.

And of course, the media has gone berserk about it once again - when they aren't busy making sky-is-falling extrapolations out of ordinary weather patterns, that is. There's something ironic about this. Deadly so, in fact. Keep reading...

In a pair of recent Daily Doses (5/15 and 5/16/2006), I laid out in great detail exactly why the H5N1 virus would never constitute an imminent threat to humanity - despite the western world's bracing for mass mortality (officials have predicted as many as two million possible bird-flu deaths in U.S. alone)...

But foolishly, I underestimated one thing: The uncanny ability of the "experts" and the media stooges who listen to them to misguide the public (and the policy-makers) into fulfilling their own ridiculous - or in this case, deadly - prophecies.

That's exactly what's happening right now. The recommendations these dimwits are circulating now about controlling bird flu are far more likely to result in its spread and mutation to a human-infecting form than to prevent it. Beyond this, the "cause" they're militantly scapegoat-ing is perhaps our best salvation from the virus...

And as usual, it's because of the almighty dollar that we're getting the wrong advice!

Space doesn't permit much detail on this scandal here, but readers of my newsletter (The Douglass Report) will get a double-barreled, full-length expose' on the subject in just a few days. If you're not a subscriber, and you want to know why H5N1 may well become a REAL DEADLY THREAT because of the pointy-heads' flawed analysis and asinine course of action, sign up for it. Don't worry - it's money-back guaranteed...

You know you should have signed up a long time ago anyway, right?

Time to catch up right now - so you'll know the real story behind what may soon be the health debacle of the century. See you in the mail.

Dreading what they'll soon be spreading,

William Campbell Douglass II, M.D.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom