Hammered soup

SS!

Long Time Member
Woke up after eating a bottle of crown last night and wasn’t feeling bad. I’ve got to that stage of my drinking career that it doesn’t bother me. Went and did timecards for the company and came home to play games with the wife and democrats. Decided to try something different. Sometimes the no recipe trick is the way to go.

First I rinsed dried navy beans a few times. Always rinse your beans and rice.

Threw it in the instant pot with some water and put it on for 25 mins.

Poured a mix drink and started playing games with the wife. Monopoly. She sucks at it but pulled out a W. I feel like alcohol was a factor.

Beans were done and a quick taste test to confirm. Cut up some moose cheddar dogs and dropped them in. I know, moose right? When has SS been known to cook up moose?

Took a block of frozen spinach, some canned peppers, random seasonings and lots of garlic and let it simmer.

Another mixed drink down and it was time to test it. Success. Hammered soup for all!

74BFCD85-E83D-4780-A916-6C043B00982E.jpeg

Looks great, the wife doesn't do sausages very much so it would have been hunks of ham. Do you use a high temp cheese in your sausages, so it maintains it consistency and doesn't melt out?

Looks great, the wife doesn't do sausages very much so it would have been hunks of ham. Do you use a high temp cheese in your sausages, so it maintains it consistency and doesn't melt out?
Normally no but these sausages do. I’ve had decent luck with normal cheese and just cooking it on very low. Take forever but they are tasty!

Totally different from anything I've ever made or had. I am trusting the sausage smoked too and added some smoke flavor which would go well with the beans.

You just need to mix your Crown with Diet Coke. It's the whole matter-anti matter principle. One neutralizes the other, and you're left with a zero calorie energy drink! :)

Note to those making a "Hammered" recipe.... The bottom half of the bottle of Crown is shorter than the top half. Adjust recipe accordingly. ?

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom