HAMS HUNTS?

elkassassin

Long Time Member
I'm Surprised they Didn't add a Flipper/Wrist Rocket Hunt to the List?

My Question is to all of You!

I'm Asking Everybody!

How Many of You Will Be Partaking in the Hunt Using Handguns & Shotguns?

Will there all of a sudden be Long Range Shotguns & Handguns show up?

I Can Hear it Now:

"See this Lil Ole PISSCUTTER Trophy TARDville Buck I Got,Took Him at 350 Yards with My Shotgun"!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Bess even if you use a muzzleloader they cant have a scope on them.

Jake H.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-19 AT 12:40PM (MST)[p]I don't think you're allowed optics on any of the HAMS weapons for that hunt. If I ever do have a HAMS tag in my pocket, I'll be using an automatic rifled shotgun with an extension magazine tube on it! #sprayandpray

@screaminseagull

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-19 AT 01:30PM (MST)[p]I'll admit, I opposed making all the units have more opportunity for late season muzzleloader hunts. Why?! Because our deer herds don't need it right now! Especially that time of the year!
However,
If we needed to ?meet in the middle?, I proposed to make those late season hunts a HAMS hunt (no scopes)

It was the only way I was gonna get on board with the idea!
Board members didn't think that the success rate on the current late season muzzy hunts warranted making these hunts a HAMS hunt. I disagree.
The board also wanted to make these late season muzzy hunts more tempting to get high point holders to apply.
Again,
I'm not for more opportunity. At least not right now with our deer herds in decline.
But that's my opinion
Of course the WB approved to not make them HAMS hunts.
Brock voiced his opinion and opposed these hunts as well

However, those who do apply for the either these late season muzzy tags AND the new HAMS hunts, WILL USE THEIR LE points and join the crowds who will be on the new longer waiting period

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So
we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

I was one who solicited support for a "primitive" ML hunt, stop baiting, and eliminate cameras before the hunts start, by writing the Wildlife Board. I told a friend of mine that just about every hunter I spoke with would like to see baiting stopped and the cameras gone. He said you may be talking to the "majority" of hunters, but it is obvious you are not talking to the people with "HUNT" as their middle name, nor the landowners and they are the driving force. Guess that just about sums it up!!

I've got 10 grandsons and one, maybe two who like to hunt. Their dads liked to hunt and have had them with them. The no-trespassing land, the lack of a decent buck and let us face it if you don't have "HUNT" as your middle name so you can do a lot of scouting/baiting you most likely are not going to be very successful.

In the future, you just may see 8 of those boys wanting gun control. Who knows? I know a couple of my kids have a wife who does not believe in trophy hunting.

Finally, with Utah being one of the fastest-growing states in the Union I cannot understand why the DWR and the WB cannot be more progressive with their approach to our deer herds. Soon we may be becoming a "liberal state" as happens with larger populations. I guess the best way to put it is; they don't see the forest for the trees. The deer herds are not what they say they are and time and technology are going to destroy our herds.

I really don't care - I guess I do, but not as much as I did 40 or 50 years ago. Hope you get the picture. If you youngsters don't get on the band wagon you will get it. Can't leave to the old dogs, who have seen better times, to do it for you.

>I was one who solicited support
>for a "primitive" ML hunt,
>stop baiting, and eliminate cameras
>before the hunts start, by
>writing the Wildlife Board.
>I told a friend of
>mine that just about every
>hunter I spoke with would
>like to see baiting stopped
>and the cameras gone.
>He said you may be
>talking to the "majority" of
>hunters, but it is obvious
>you are not talking to
>the people with "HUNT" as
>their middle name, nor the
>landowners and they are the
>driving force. Guess that
>just about sums it up!!
>
>
>I've got 10 grandsons and one,
>maybe two who like to
>hunt. Their dads liked
>to hunt and have had
>them with them. The
>no-trespassing land, the lack of
>a decent buck and let
>us face it if you
>don't have "HUNT" as your
>middle name so you can
>do a lot of scouting/baiting
>you most likely are not
>going to be very successful.
>
>
>In the future, you just may
>see 8 of those boys
>wanting gun control. Who knows?
> I know a couple
>of my kids have a
>wife who does not believe
>in trophy hunting.
>
>Finally, with Utah being one of
>the fastest-growing states in the
>Union I cannot understand why
>the DWR and the WB
>cannot be more progressive with
>their approach to our deer
>herds. Soon we may
>be becoming a "liberal state"
>as happens with larger populations.
> I guess the best
>way to put it is;
>they don't see the forest
>for the trees. The
>deer herds are not what
>they say they are and
>time and technology are going
>to destroy our herds.
>
>I really don't care - I
>guess I do, but not
>as much as I did
>40 or 50 years ago.
> Hope you get the
>picture. If you youngsters
>don't get on the band
>wagon you will get it.
> Can't leave to the
>old dogs, who have seen
>better times, to do it
>for you.

Ditto on your opening paragraph.

The WB let's never forget is owned by a special interest group. They aren't short sighted, they come from a org that fully supports the idea of the european model. The Don is on record.

It's an attitude of hunting as a revenue source. Not as a tradition. Not as a way of life. It's simply about clients, bookabke hunts, etc.

They care about the tiny little LE islands. They care about CWMU.

The sooner your other 2 boys quit, the better. Unless they have some money, then they do.

Did CWMU tag buyers get a 5 year wait? Huh, wonder why?

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom