Hand Held Ballistics Calculator

Gorilla

For you tech lovers...

My buddy and I wanted to be able to have access to comprehensive ballistics data in the field. So we searched the Internet for hand held devises that would calculate ballistics charts on the fly in the field. We found an app for the iPhone/iPod Touch that is being used by the military in Afghanistan. This app can use either the G1 or G7 models. The iPhone will use GPS receiver to auto populate the altitude and capture the barometric pressure and relative humidity from the nearest weather tower. Both the iPhone and iPod Touch have a built in level, so aiming it at the target will auto calculate the angle to target and factor that in to the adjustments. Instantly the hand held devise tells you how much to adjust for in MOA elevation and windage.

Take note that the app uses the sea level adjusted barometric pressure value and not the actual pressure reading. I found this out the hard way. The iPod Touch doesn't have a receiver to pick up GPS or weather station signal, so it won't auto populate that info. You have to manually input weather and altitude data.

Another bonus is you can watch movies, movies, listen to music, play video games...ect to pass time when you some down time while hunting.

I use an iPod Touch and my buddy has an iPhone. We have been out to the desert testing the ballistics and we absolutly love the set up. We give this 5 out of 5 stars.

http://www.knightarmco.com/bulletflight/

Anyway thought you techy geeks might want to check this out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom