Hanging Heads up in the house

T

Tsessions

How many guys have wives that wont let them hang their trophies in the house? Did you compromise? Needing a little guidance from my fellow husbands with uncooperative wives.

Not allowed in house. I have all of mine in my office and up at our cabin in the mountains.

Its a tough balance. It can get really expensive (like half of what you have) when the harmony get compromised. When wife & I moved into house together ten years ago she asked rather politely that the living area not have a whole lot of dead animals hanging on the walls. Fortunatley, there was an 1100 sq ft daylight basement with a slider and windows on one of the long walls leaving three walls for me to hang my heads on. We agreed that I would put my heads downstairs.....I was cool with that........and proceded to build my "Dudes Room". She spends alot of the summer time at her mothers cabin on the south fork of the trinity river and during that time.....tongue & groove pine walls, 60 in big screen, bathroom, shelves for my outdoor gear, wet bar, wood burning stove, window blinds, it think everyone gets it.

Perhaps you can agree on a room for your recreational items, and make the most of it.

In my case, upon the step daughter hitting 15 and the boys showing up, they all would hang out in my "Dudes Room" and soon it was cool for both wife & daughter.

Good luck with it.

My wife has an issue with hanging mounts in the house. I have one deer shoulder mount above one of our fireplaces. She has always said only one mount. The rest of my skull mounts are on the garage wall.
One afternoon, I got ballzy and put up a euro buck antelope mount and a deer euro mount next to the shoulder mount. When she got home from work, she noticed them right away and was not happy. I explained my case but she still was not happy. They are still there in the same spot I hung them. There was not another word about it. Sometimes you have to be the man and just frickin do it!! Its not all about them.
I had this same conversation with a buddy yesterday. He shot a real nice D7 buck...a trophy buck. He's getting it mounted and he mentioned that his wife said no deer in the house. As I was leaving, she pulled up. I called her over to my truck and told her that Wyatt is really proud of that buck and he is a dandy. I proceeded to tell her that she should consider letting him hang it in the house. She said she'd think about it. Bro code!! He'd do the same for me. :)

Too many tags= unhappy wife

LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-13 AT 06:58PM (MST)[p] As far as mounts go,I have 13 of mine and 1 of my wifes hanging on the 20 ft high angled wall in the front room.
I suggest that some of you take your skirts off and buy a pair of pants.

I have one shoulder mount of a whitetail, muley and a antelope in the game room, she said that's enough until I get a bull elk, I'm cool with that.

hang it on the wall with a nice pretty box that contains something worth at least as much as the mount.
tell her she can have it with one condition.

My girlfriend is in love with pottery barn. Literally everything in our house is from pottery barn. This past weekend we went there (as usual)and lone behold antlers were everywhere throughout the store. Now that antlers are "in style" she is all for it.

My wife is pretty good about it but only allows them in the living room ( twenty bucks there) and in my office (eight bucks in there) and a bunch in the garage--- but I better not break her rule or I might be in trouble!!!

We had a discussion when moving into our new house which was just finished about 1 week ago. We married in June, and she knew I had skulls, a rug, and mount BEFORE we were married. They were (and are) part of me. She lost (sort of). She wants me to build a display case for the skulls so that she only has to clean the display case, and doesn't have to touch the skulls. She also prefers animals to have the hide on them rather than the skulls themselves. My dad is brining my lion mount (shoulder) over today, and sometime soon, I am getting my 6 ft plus bear rug back from my friend. I lived in a small trailer before and could not hang them anywhere. We are still trying to find a place to put the bear rug. I also have approval to build a man cave, which will probably hold any more heads should I get more.

As I run out of room in the den, my mounts slowly begin to move throughout other areas of the house. She may make a comment, but that's about it. She knows who put that roof over her head, and really has no problem with my mounts. She doesn't have it too bad. All other racks not mounted are on the garage wall-which she has absolutely no say in at all!

Grow a set, boys! Hang those heads in the house where they belong!

I made a deal with her. She doesn't tell me where to hang my heads and I don't tell her where to park her broom. Besides, what's she doing out of the kitchen and bedroom anyway?

;-)

Thats a tuff one. Iam a taxidermist and I have one euro in the house. All my mounts are in the shop. If I didnt have the shop they would be in the house and if the wife didnt like it then she can hit the road. You always can get a new woman .but you cant always get a great animal. But really-
Try to compermise with her , your heads in the house or build a trophy room and you wont complain about the shoppnig and the girl stuff in the house. Just one thing moister will ruin your mounts , it may take a few winters and summers but it wont be good. Good luck , and just do it.
stand tall my friend.

Well .....so I compromised a little. I hung the antelopes and javelina in the garage. But I am leaving tomorrow for a Bull Elk Hunt. I am hoping to get a nice one and I will tell her that the elk needs to go in the house. I have a spot already picked out. I got a couple options for telling her that it is going in the house the first is the "bro code" and have a friend tell her how proud I am and that it should be in the house and the other option is take Nimrods advice and get a divorce attorney.

would not even begin to date a woman if they werent allowed...cya later..life is to short to deal with woman like that.

there are 28 shoulder mounts that i have displayed in two homes,my wife don't care as long as i clean them

All of my heads and other mounts are in the general living room. My wife hunts a little too and likes the country/cabin feel. My first wife said "no" to alot of chit and look where she ended up.....replaced.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom