Happy Birthday Dad

kilowatt

Here is a picture of my Dad taken around mid-1930's. Today would have been his birthday, but he passed away way to young back in 1958 at age 55.
Still think about him today and miss him along with my Mom and younger brother.

Wish I had that pistol on his left hip and those GOLD NUGGETS on the gold chain on his vest.

9594img0016.jpg

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Kilo, just being curious. What happened to those nuggets and pistol? Love that pic!

Rick

Nice Brian---

My Pop's is 85....

He has a lot of those 35mm pix of him and his harvests...

Thanks for sharing,

Robb

Ditto on the nice tribute Brian!

Your post immediately elicited fond thoughts of my own departed father.
Like many on this site, my Dad introduced me to the outdoors and taught me all sorts of great life lessons. I am trying my best to pass them on to my own son and daughters. I hope they think of me like I think of him.

I am sure you feel the same way.

Thank you for the nice words, I appreciate it very much. I was 16 when my dad died and the following years were hard for me.
YBO...that picture was taken long before I was a gleem in my dads eyes. Not sure where that picture was taken.
My dad and your Granddad worked together back in the late 40's and maybe into the 50's. Can only guess the stories they use to tell to each other.

My dad's oldest Brother lived in Alaska back in the 20's & 30's and panned gold, raised Huskie Dogs for sled driving, and owned and ran a Cafe & Bar outside of Fairbanks, Alaska. No doubt that is where the gold nuggets came from.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Kilo, nice post on remembering your father. That gold chain and nuggets remind me of a bartender at the High Hat bar in Anchorage, Alaska who had a similar chain with about 8-10 large nuggets on it and a 20 dollar gold piece at the end.

RELH

Reminds me of a story. To make a long short, my dad had aquire six shooter which was used in the Outlaw Josie Wales. He was gonna give it to me a few months back and some pos had stolen it from the shop. Would have been a nice relic. Guess some a..hat needed it more. Sad part is whoever took it has or had no idea what they really had. Other sad part is it was most likely an employee to get to where it was.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

1911 interesting story. I have a set of pistols (one a .44 and the other a .45) that supposedly belonged to Gene Autry and Roy Rogers. They wore them while on their favorite horses during parades and other outings. Not 100% if the story is true, but it is a friendly reminder of how days gone by were a lot simpler and innocent than they are in today's rapidly changing world. Sad.

Kilo, help remind me where they worked together back in the late 40's. For some reason I was thinking Mare Island, but that was was possibly earlier. Golden Gate Fields? The red light district of San Franfreako? Just kidding LOL. Thanks

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom