Hard Earned Wyoming Goat

AWHOLELOTTABULL

Long Time Member
Well, our anual Wyoming antelope hunt got started with a 9 hour drive that should have been a 6 hour drive. We had 3 blowouts, 2 on the trailer and 1 on the truck. We were beginning to think we should turn around and go home. We finally got there and set up camp really quick so we could get a couple of hours hunting in that night. Meagan (12) had drawn her first antelope tag and Kacie (16), her older sister, was after her second antelope in 2 years. Meagan was up first and we found a goat that caught her eye right off the bat. We snuck in as close as we could get (260 yards) and as we rounded the last willow on the hedge row he started to run right at us. The problem was he didn't stop. Once he figured out we weren't what he was after her veered to our right and ran through the hedge row trying to get behind us. We hurried and busted to the other side of the hedge row and he finally stopped on a little hillside 193 yard away. Meagan shot and just missed over his back. That ended our first night of hunting. The next day we had antelope everywhere and the rut was apparently just getting started. There was a lot of chasing going on with about 4-6 bucks around every herd of does. The girls had several opportunities but apparently buck fever was going around that day and they missed shots that they usually hit. We were beginning to think that this wasn't our year for goats until Meagan finally connected on her antelope buck right before dark last night. We snuck to within 80 yards and she dumped him. We were all extremely excited to say the least and glad that something finally went right on this trip. Enjoy the photos. It was a family affair as usual. Even mom got in on the kill this year.

P1010268.jpg

P1010274.jpg

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Congrats on a nice buck Meagan!!
I hope when My daughter is old enough she will want to hunt with ole Dad and I'm gonna take her lope hunting.

Great first goat Meagan keep up the good work. Jim gotta love the family time thanks for sharin with us
Good Luck and Great Memories

Excellent pics and story! I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to hunt. Congratulations to Meagan

WAY TO GO MEAGAN!!!

LOOKS LIKE THE OLE MAN STILL HAS HIS PRIORITIES RIGHT!!!

BOUT DANG TIME WE SEE MS AWLB!!!

MORE PICTURES PLEASE???

I'M SURE KACIE GOT A LOPER,CAN WE SEE IT???

PLEASE???

A BIG HI-FIVE TO THE YOUNG HUNTERS!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Way to go Meagan! That is awesome! Sounds like your Dad put you on some great bucks! great family hunt! Congrats and welcome to the hunting fraternity! Thanks for sharing with us!

Chad

Three flat tires? I better go check my spare! LOL!

Very nicely done Meagan! Congratulations!

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom