Harvest Justification

"Not attacking, just stating a fact. Some people just don't have any self control. I don't believe that it is mismanaging the deer and elk herds, but mismanaging the people herds."

How are people, who obey the law, going to wipe out deer herds any faster than you are going to? Just because you kill a big deer for horns and they kill a little deer for meat still means two deer are dead and not breeding. Your deer are no less sexually viable than their deer. As long as they follow the laws, just like you there will be deer to hunt. Antler size at mortality will not change that one bit. If the deer herd still declines you have other issues besides small bucks being killed, and again you need to take that up with the state, and not the hunters.

If you believe so firmly that those hunters, who follow the regs and law are destroying the deer herds then YOU need to quit trying to shoot deer of any size or age structure.

>"Not attacking, just stating a fact.
>Some people just don't have
>any self control. I don't
>believe that it is mismanaging
>the deer and elk herds,
>but mismanaging the people herds."
>
>
>
>How are people, who obey the
>law, going to wipe out
>deer herds any faster than
>you are going to?
>Just because you kill a
>big deer for horns and
>they kill a little deer
>for meat still means two
>deer are dead and not
>breeding. Your deer are
>no less sexually viable than
>their deer. As long
>as they follow the laws,
>just like you there will
>be deer to hunt.
>Antler size at mortality will
>not change that one bit.
> If the deer herd
>still declines you have other
>issues besides small bucks being
>killed, and again you need
>to take that up with
>the state, and not the
>hunters.
>
>If you believe so firmly that
>those hunters, who follow the
>regs and law are destroying
>the deer herds then YOU
>need to quit trying to
>shoot deer of any size
>or age structure.

Ok, I haven't shot a deer in 10 years or so. I'm doing my part. Any deer killed is population minus one. Population goes down. I just don't think that they replenish themselves every year. Not from what I have seen.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give them the antlers that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

"Ok, I haven't shot a deer in 10 years or so. I'm doing my part. Any deer killed is population minus one. Population goes down. I just don't think that they replenish themselves every year. Not from what I have seen."

If that is what you believe then the only thing you should be pushing for is a complete ban on deer hunting.

>If that is what you believe
>then the only thing you
>should be pushing for is
>a complete ban on deer
>hunting.

Nope. Just moderation.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give them the antlers that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

"Nope. Just moderation."

That's what is happening here. The state wildlife agencies are the moderators. They are moderating the hunters. Therefore your issue is with state management and you should take it up with them. Quit attacking the hunters that the moderators have decided can legally have a deer to eat. You just proved my point for me.

>That's what is happening here.
>The state wildlife agencies are
>the moderators. They are
>moderating the hunters. Therefore
>your issue is with state
>management and you should take
>it up with them.
>Quit attacking the hunters that
>the moderators have decided can
>legally have a deer to
>eat. You just proved
>my point for me.

Your right, hunters cannot think for themselves. I should go talk to state management so they can decide what is best for the hunters. Sorry for repeating exactly what you just said.

Can't believe I am in agreement with Tri-state but I am on this subject.
To the ones that haven't shot a deer in 5 ,10, 15 years... . guess what the state takes that into account through "success rates", have you heard of them before??? If you agree or don't agree that is up to you but they decide what the population needs to be at and set the number of tags to meet that. If 90% of the hunters followed your lead then instead of a state handing out 80,000 tags then they would hand out 800,000 tags to get the required number of deer shot. So guess what that means the 10% of "meat" hunters would then be shooting 3, 5, 10 bucks... each year to make up for all the people who followed your thinking process...

Think before you wish for something. Personnally most hunts are already crowded enough, I don't need the hunter population to go up 10x just so you can attempt to prove a point that we all need to hunt only 200" plus muleys.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom