Harvest Reporting Late Fee???

Ltsheets

Very Active Member
Ok I know it's not a huge deal but isn't not being eligible for the draw penalty enough for not putting in a harvest report? I had 2 very difficult hunts (elk, deer) that I was unsuccessful in. Having to pay NM to tell them I was unsuccessful after already buying a tag, seems a little ridiculous. Sorry about that but had to vent a little about what I think is a slightly ridiculous policy.

You have around 4 months, a quarter of a year to fill out a report for free. I don't mind helping our wildlife managers. At least we don't have check stations.

--Bill

No sympathy here. Why should the lazy hunter's screw up cause Game and Fish more work? Theoretically, the Game and Fish use the harvest reports as a tool to calculate the tags for the next year. It is agreed to by the hunter to fill out the information when they draw the tag. If many people file them late, it should cost them. It costs Game and Fish more money to re-do the work as data is presented late. Why not make the person causing the problem pay?

>No sympathy here. Why should
>the lazy hunter's screw up
>cause Game and Fish more
>work? Theoretically, the Game
>and Fish use the harvest
>reports as a tool to
>calculate the tags for the
>next year. It is
>agreed to by the hunter
>to fill out the information
>when they draw the tag.
> If many people file
>them late, it should cost
>them. It costs Game
>and Fish more money to
>re-do the work as data
>is presented late. Why
>not make the person causing
>the problem pay?

+1

Ok guys. A collective touch?. You've successfully guilt tripped me. I just posted in a frustrated moment.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-15 AT 10:44PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-15 AT 10:43?PM (MST)

I just want to clarify something, the extra fee is so you can enter the draw after not submitting your harvest report. The first year they made the report mandatory a friend of mine forgot and was not able to hunt the following year. They made the change the afterwards. An extra 8 or 20 bucks is a small price to pay to be able to hunt after you made a mistake.

LOL, Paul. I should be able to write off turkeys and OTC barbs as charitable donations...

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-15
>AT 10:44?PM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-15
>AT 10:43?PM (MST)

>
>I just want to clarify something,
>the extra fee is so
>you can enter the draw
>after not submitting your harvest
>report. The first year
>they made the report mandatory
>a friend of mine forgot
>and was not able to
>hunt the following year.
>They made the change the
>afterwards. An extra
>8 or 20 bucks is
>a small price to pay
I kinda thought not being able to hunt the next year
WAS a Small price to pay for not filing on time,Jeez!
>to be able to hunt
>after you made a mistake.
>

"I kinda thought not being able to hunt the next year WAS a Small price to pay for not filing on time,Jeez!"

Maybe to you it would be a small price, but to someone who loves to hunt NM as much as I do it would be a huge price. Jeez!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-15 AT 06:38PM (MST)[p]As someone who loves to hunt as much as most of us do,it's simple.Fill out the simple form right after,like within 3 mo's.
Takes all of the same time you just used.
Jeez,nevermind.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom