Has anyone hunted feral sheep or goats near Kona on Big Island of Hawaii?

Outdoors

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-08 AT 08:27PM (MST)[p]Headed over to the Big Island in a month for a few days. I read there are some free-ranging feral sheep and goats there. Anyone have experience on those hunts? Looks like the animals range from 1000s of feet above sea level down to the canyons and recent lava fields near seaside.

I just returned from the big island doing a sheep and goat hunt this past weekend. It was a blast and much more of a real hunt than I was expecting!! The sheep were a little higher but a tad easier to hunt. The goats are down around 500-1000 ft in the lava fields amongst the trees. In both cases there are lots of animals if you go with to the right spots. Call Colin Onaka of Mauna Loa outfitters at 808-960-7373. Fairly inexpensive as well and a superb guy!! Tell him Ryan Trenka told you to call him. Email if you have any questions at all.

I hunted the Big Island during my Christmas vacation in '07. Shot a couple of feral goats and a pig. If you haven't gone already or are still looking for info drop me a line and I will send you information on the outfitter I hunted with and pictures of my hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom