Has Anyone Seen the Hyde Park Buck?

LMAO! Hey Topgun, in post 95 you claimed that you seldom, if ever make spelling mistakes. Well, since you accused me of changing your PM to a misspelled word, I would like you to put your money where your big mouth is.

I will bet you a crisp $100.00 bill that you have more spelling mistakes in this entire thread than I do. We will exclude curse words of course since we have to misspell them to avoid the swear filter but everything else goes.

What do you say big boy? $100.00? Don't try to hurry and edit all your posts because it shows up in red at the top so anything edited after this post would clearly be you editing misspelled words.

Hell, we're all just here waiting on news of the big buck, why not make it fun. A little competition among friends?

If you're not willing to put up $100.00 then at least admit that I am a better speller than you and you falsely accused me of editing your PM with a misspelled word.

BTW, do you suppose that if this were a court case, your credibility would be a little weakened by the fact that I spell better than you and you are accusing me of misspelling your words? I'm just asking you know, since you have countless courtroom hours logged and all.

So... Is it a bet?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-06-14 AT 09:44PM (MST)[p]Word comprehension got you again sucker! Seldom means there may be some here and there because I don't use spell check every time I make a post and sometimes I'm in a hurry, but not in a big enough hurry to make a sentence like that mispelled word is in, so take your $100 bill and stick it where the sun don't shine, LOL!!! It's amazing you would think I'd do what you mentioned after you make that bet and most of the posts are beyond the time limit you can change them anyway! Now go look for something else to spend your time on loser!!!

That's what I figured! Not man enough to admit when you're wrong and not man enough to put your money where your mouth is. How do you look at yourself in the mirror everyday?

You're also proving my point about LEO's for me. We all know you're not a LEO but you don't know that, so you are acting like that 98% that I was talking about earlier when you claim that I edited your PM with a misspelled word. I spell better than you but I am guilty anyway right?

Sage is right, you make a sack of hammers look like Einstein!

>Dreamin' of Elk just posted pictures
>of that buck two days
>before the hunt ended and
>admits that he couldn't find
>him again the next day.
> Isn't it possible then
>that this buck could have
>been taken legally?

CAforkedhorn, I'm assuming by your name you aren't from the area the buck lived. Just a little back-story, the area has a recent history of poaching of deer that are widely known to NEVER leave city limits. One poacher was charged a few months ago with the same thing during the archery season. It technically became "shooting within city limits" instead of poaching because there was a season open at the time. The main discussion here is that the potential charge would be enhanced if it was out of season.

Somehow this turned into an argument over semantics but the question is whether there is reason to believe that buck was killed in city limits. Those pictures prove where he was the day before the season ended, which is WELL within city boundaries. Many people saw him in the area at this immediate time.

Whether pictures exist of the buck alive after the season is neither proved nor disproved by those pics. What I do believe is there are thousands of pictures of this buck taken during his life, and not one in an area open to legal hunting. This buck had no record of leaving city limits. EVER. The question is going to come down to reasonable doubt, available evidence, eyewitness testimony, and accounts from the shooter.

Charges were filed not more than a few months ago on a deer that everybody agrees was shot during a legal season and with no eyewitness testimony. The circumstances are almost identical

Who are any of us to say charges won't happen again?

One more thing, if this buck was taken legally, good for the hunter. If not, it's places like MM that gave the buck the notoriety that allowed a citizen to call dwr when he saw the horns. And that would be a good thing.

Here's hoping that the resolution will be just, whatever that may be. Have a good one.

Grizzly

So?

I Could shoot a Trophy Buck in the City & only be Charged with:'Shooting within City Limits'?

JUDAS!

F'N!

PRIEST!

F'it!

If I'm Huntin in a Crowd,I might as well be Huntin where there's a Chance!

If I end up Taking a Buck!

It'll only be a Slap on the Hands!

GEEZUS!

I won't Lower myself to those Standards!

But what do you think most TARDS will do?

It's a Blood Thirsty SOB out there when it comes to taking a NON-PISSCUTTER Type Buck & they'll Try/Do anything in the Book to GIT-R-DONE!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Grizzly,

I have been looking at maps and it looks like all that deer has to do is travel 2.5 miles and he is out of City Limits????? There's mule deer that do that regularly. Like on a nightly basis. Some mule deer may travel 10 miles in a single night. How did you become omniscient over the life of a wild animal? How did you become omniscient over everyone who has ever taken his photo?

Look the deer may have gotten poached, but if this is all the evidence you have then it is just as likely the deer got whacked legally.

By the way I have not seen one person on here say "charges won't happen again". I think what people are trying to say is don't be so ready to lynch someone just because you think you know everything a WILD animal does.

Grizzly, you're right I'm not from the area and I know nothing about this deer. That however doesn't change the fact that nobody else knows what happened either. Didn't we just go through this scenario with the cemetery buck and it turned out to be a legal kill?

This whole argument has been that Topgun and Vanilla claimed that they only needed a couple of witnesses to say they saw this deer after the season closed to convict the person who shot him. Tristate called BS and I happen to agree with him. We had someone claiming within the first few posts of this thread to know people who saw this deer after the season closed so why hasn't charges been filed? We have our witnesses right?

Look, I've never said that I didn't think that this buck was poached, more than likely it was and you're right we're arguing over semantics but sometimes stupidity can cloud a good discussion and it needs to be argued.

"I have been looking at maps and it looks like all that deer has to do is travel 2.5 miles and he is out of City Limits?????"

What a Dork. Taking the time to look at maps and having discussions with your lawyer buddies about your internet arguments. LMAO!!! You have no life do you?

How hard were your lawyer buddies laughing when you left?

"Look, I've never said that I didn't think that this buck was poached, more than likely it was and you're right we're arguing over semantics but sometimes stupidity can cloud a good discussion and it needs to be argued."

***Yep; your stupidity, as well as Tristate's, in not knowing the law and that things are prosecuted all the time with just witness statements made under oath caused this whole mess. As was stated earlier, one case similar to this has already been filed right there and the case in Worland, WY nailed that 20 year old kid with just witness statements as to where that big nontypical lived his whole life and was seen there after the season closed. Nobody actually witnessed that crime itself being committed either, but the kid is serving time! With two more they found that he killed in another county during their investigation, it raised the charges to felonies and got him a bunch of prison time. Again, all Vanilla and I stated is that it can be done that way if witnesses come forward and are willing to testify under oath that the buck was alive after the season closed. I was asked to name a case by the taxi. I did and still got all kinds of BS that it wasn't similar to this one when it was dang near identical. Let's just quit all this BSing and see what happens when the investigation is completed like any other case. If the investigation comes down to what Vanilla and I stated to convict the guy if he did poach the buck, then you and Tri can apologize. That's all we ever said about this case to begin with!

CA, no we didn't go through this with the cemetary buck. Everybody knew the cemetary buck went to a legal hunting area during the rut, and was was hunted for at least 3 years during that time. This buck didn't do that. Even during the rut, he spent his time with the does in a field across the street from a church house. Yes Tri, I know 2.5 miles is nothing for a deer, and this deer traveled a couple miles freqeuntly, from one end of the town to the other, but nodody ever saw him head to or coming from the mountain.

So most here feel in unlikely the deer was killed legally, though we also know that it is possible. We are all bummed the deer is dead, as few people get the pleasure of seeing a buck like this in their lifetime, let alone an upclose experience.

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

>"I have been looking at maps
>and it looks like all
>that deer has to do
>is travel 2.5 miles and
>he is out of City
>Limits?????"
>
>What a Dork. Taking the time
>to look at maps and
>having discussions with your lawyer
>buddies about your internet arguments.
>LMAO!!! You have no life
>do you?
>
>How hard were your lawyer buddies
>laughing when you left?

***Probably laughing as hard as I was when I read it!!!

CA- no, this 'whole argument' has been about a bunch of nothing. Grown men (I assume) acting like a bunch of teenage girls. Three posts out of 100+ were about my opinion that multiple witnesses seeing THIS deer after the season could be enough for a conviction. So no, this 'whole argument' hasn't had anything to do with me. And yes, THIS deer is different than some fork horn someone saw out in the hills sometime. Tri doesn't get that, just like I told him he wouldn't before he even responded. If you really knew this buck, you'd understand what that means. The fellas in Cache County know what I mean. The DWR officers know what I mean. And I stand by my statement on the conviction. Too bad I'm not up far north. We could live stream the trial so Tri and you had something to do while you sat on the internet trolling all day.

Prosecutors in my neck of the woods just got a murder conviction on a doctor that killed his wife. Charges weren't filed for over 5 years. 2 medical experts had ruled it not a homicide in that time. Tri's (fake) lawyer buddies probably would have been scared of that case too. Charges not being filed after 2 months is nothing. And what has become obvious from some people's posts, despite your belief that MM is the epicenter of the world, it's possible LEO's investigating this don't know Yelum's buddies yet. Maybe they do. Maybe charges will never come? Reasonable minds can disagree on this kind of thing.

Yelum, I don't disagree with anything you said. I think what I meant by comparing this to the cemetery buck is that a lot of people immediately called it a poaching incident as they are with the Hyde Park buck and the outcome was a legal kill.

I don't even live there but by seeing the pictures of this beautiful buck I too am disappointed that he is dead. The only argument there was from me in this thread was the claim made by Topgun and Vanilla that a person could be convicted of poaching this buck with the ONLY evidence being a few witnesses saying they saw the buck alive after the season closed.

Vanilla, I haven't attacked you in this thread although I disagree with you so are you telling me that you're the same kind of lowlife that Topgun is by calling me a troll? Uhh... I'm also quite certain that your murder case is quite different than this poaching case. I bet that the prosecutors had more evidence than what you're claiming would be needed in this case, in other words, apples and Tuesday but nice try.

Yes, reasonable minds can disagree on this kind of thing which is what I had hoped this was, just a disagreement but the unreasonable way that Topgun disagrees with people is to attack them. Re-read the posts and see who was unreasonable first, and then show where I went unreasonable with you, and now that you have attacked me, who is being unreasonable?

CA---Disagreeing is one thing, but when a taxidermist tells two people that have been involved with the law their entire careers that they don't know what they're talking about and are wrong it becomes more than a little perturbing. Then you come along and start your BS with comments about 98% of LEOs, etc, which is completely false and bigoted and then side with Tristate like you're some Perry Mason just poured more gasoline on the fire. Let's get along and start over realizing that maybe Vanilla and I know just a little bit more about the law than you two do just like Tri knows taxidermy and you know more about whatever you do/did for a living than we do. Fair enough?

Since when did me and topgun become a team here? I'm not defending him or how he's acting in any way. Not sure where you came up with that whole idea of "us versus them." My comment about acting like teenage girls doesn't only apply to two people. And yes, I think you're trolling on this thread. Why else bring up my name 50+ posts and multiple days later? I shared my opinion and let it be. You brought me back. Can't hide on that one. That was all you.

You want to have a reasonable discussion on this and not just sling mud? Fine, tell me about this deer's fame in the Cache Valley and along the Wasatch Front. Tell me how many people would go see it per day. Tell me about his patterns, habits, and locations. Where in the city did he frequent? Did he ever leave the city? Does anyone have pictures of him on the last day of the hunt? After that? Are there any other deer in the vicinity with any similar physical traits?

Then tell me about the friends Yelum has that he says saw the deer after the hunt was over. How familiar are they with the deer? How many times have they seen it prior to that last time? Where have they seen it before? What day after the hunt did they see it? Where did they see it that day? What time? How close were they? How is their character? Are they articulate and believable? If you can answer even half these questions, especially about the witnesses themselves, then your opinion that a conviction isn't possible based upon their testimony will start to become valid. (Not even mentioning the questions to ask about the supposed hunter that shot this buck.) As I said before, I take 'he said-she said' cases to trial without any other evidence all the time. The type of case described above with these witnesses is no different. A lot would depend on the questions above, and many more. But to simply discard it as impossible with no personal knowledge of the situation is ignorance. Period.

Come on Boys!

You gonna Kiss & Makeup?

Maybe spend a few Nights at the ClubHouse?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-14 AT 11:28PM (MST)[p]Topgun, you have proven to me that you are scum of the earth and a liar so "starting over" with you won't be happening. I won't waste my time on a child.

Vanilla, fair enough, you think I'm trolling and I think you're full of shyt who cares?

We MIGHT have witnesses that say they saw a deer but a competent defense attorney would pick that apart. We also know nothing about the alleged perpetrator. Suppose he/she is a model citizen who volunteers at the soup kitchen and is a member of city council who happens to also be a bishop at the local mormon church. Suppose he testifies that he killed that deer just outside of city limits when he was hunting other deer the day before the closer and he has Dreamin' of Elk as a witness that actually went looking for this deer the day before the closer and couldn't find him. In other words, his credibility is just as good as the prosecution witnesses AND THERE IS NO OTHER EVIDENCE. I think your slam dunk case wouldn't be so slam dunk anymore.

I NEVER said that it was impossible to convict someone based solely on witness testimony, I said I doubt that it would happen. Anyone with half a brain knows that innocent people get convicted all the time so why would I discard your claim as impossible? I simply believe it to be improbable, big difference.

Regardless, I'm done arguing this crap. None of us will know which one of us is right anyway because I'm sure that if charges are filed that there will be more evidence than just multiple people saying they saw a deer. You're more than welcome to have the final word on this stupid thread. Hell if nothing else at least we all got to see Topgun ONCE AGAIN act like a 2 year old.

>
>So?
>
>I Could shoot a Trophy Buck
>in the City & only
>be Charged with:'Shooting within City
>Limits'?
>
>JUDAS!
>
>F'N!
>
>PRIEST!
>
>F'it!
>
>If I'm Huntin in a Crowd,I
>might as well be Huntin
>where there's a Chance!
>
>If I end up Taking a
>Buck!
>
>It'll only be a Slap on
>the Hands!
>
>GEEZUS!
>
>I won't Lower myself to those
>Standards!
>
>But what do you think most
>TARDS will do?
>
>It's a Blood Thirsty SOB out
>there when it comes to
>taking a NON-PISSCUTTER Type Buck
>& they'll Try/Do anything in
>the Book to GIT-R-DONE!
>

If you have a tag for which the city falls under and it is within the designated hunting dates, then yes you basically only get charged with discharging a weapon within city limits. Not poaching as far as the law is concerned.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Discharging a weapon in city limits is just the start. Do you really think the shooter asked for permission from the land owner before he killed the buck in the city? That's called "Trespassing". I'm pretty sure this was done in the dark as well, or someone would have been out taking pictures of the buck and seen the whole thing (just my opinion of course). What I'm trying to say is that discharing a weapon won't be the only charge if this guy gets caught. If there is less than a $10,000 fine and less than 30 days in Jail, I think people are going to be very disappointed.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-14 AT 09:42AM (MST)[p]I heard a lil birdie say that Utah DOW captured and then sold the buck to a Mexico high fence ranch.

2039mexice_feleno.jpg

edit: :) :) food for thought pic.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I'm very sorry to have wasted my time reading this thread. I should have just skipped over any post made by anyone who's name started with a T and it wouldn't have taken near as long to read.

I'm just shocked that SFW didn't get the Utah DOW to give out an auction tag for this buck before someone poached him! ;-)

>Discharging a weapon in city limits
>is just the start. Do
>you really think the shooter
>asked for permission from the
>land owner before he killed
>the buck in the city?
>That's called "Trespassing". I'm pretty
>sure this was done in
>the dark as well, or
>someone would have been out
>taking pictures of the buck
>and seen the whole thing
>(just my opinion of course).
>What I'm trying to say
>is that discharing a weapon
>won't be the only charge
>if this guy gets caught.
>If there is less than
>a $10,000 fine and less
>than 30 days in Jail,
>I think people are going
>to be very disappointed.

Assuming the killer did all the things people thing he may have done, the fines won't be anywhere near what you are suggesting. My guess is 2-3k in total fines, no jail time, and a 5 year hunting privilege revocation.
2a0fcsk.gif

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-14 AT 11:03AM (MST)[p]Two quick points. I love how vanilla states that everyone was lining up every day to see this buck and yet NO ONE SAW HIM TAKE A BuLLET! That alone tells me you don't know everything you think you know about this deer and egos are way too involved in this.

Second, for the people who think this deer never ever left the city limits I give you this. Every time a pit bull eats some baby, 90% of the time the dog owner can be seen on the news with his shocked face claiming it was a loving dog and never once bit anybody. At some point every animal including your deer here, follows its nature. Quit thinking this deer couldn't have one day been a regular ol' deer.

You know what I think is funny, Tri? I have yet to make a single statement about this buck or who is or isn't lining up to watch him. I have asked you multiple times if YOU know anything about this buck, because I know you don't and I like seeing you avoid the question. But I have said nothing about him or the people that line up to watch him. Not a single word on it. You can continue to troll with either misrepresentations or flat out lies. I think everyone knows you and your type.

CA, I never called the case a slam dunk. Your words, not mine. Just remember that. But we agree on one thing, charges will be coming, and a conviction to follow. I won't be here to tell you I told you so, because you'll already know.

OK! Everyone! Please let's all just take a step AWAY from the computer for a little while. I remind you... This is the INTERNET!

I have to admit though, the SFW comment was priceless!

PS: I'm just sore cuz Bess's thread got more posts than mine. ;-)Don't make me start a new one! I'm warning you!

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup, I just stir it.[/font]

>OK! Everyone! Please let's all just
>take a step AWAY from
>the computer for a little
>while. I remind you... This
>is the INTERNET!
>
>I have to admit though, the
>SFW comment was priceless!
>
>PS: I'm just sore cuz Bess's
>thread got more posts than
>mine. ;-)Don't make me start
>a new one! I'm warning
>you!
>
>[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,
>I just stir it.[/font]

Classic! ^^^^right there my firends.

Sorry, I have nothing new to add.... but then it seems I'm not the only one.
Zeke

Good one Pig , your 2 quick points are the some old regurgitated crap form your previous 20 some odd post in this thread.

Hey pig, maybe if you post the same crap 20 more times you'll get another libtard from Cali who doesn't know chit to agree with you.

Any more discussions with your lawyer buddies? I love to hear about it.

>OK! Everyone! Please let's all just
>take a step AWAY from
>the computer for a little
>while. I remind you... This
>is the INTERNET!
>
>I have to admit though, the
>SFW comment was priceless!
>
>PS: I'm just sore cuz Bess's
>thread got more posts than
>mine. ;-)Don't make me start
>a new one! I'm warning
>you!
>
>[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,
>I just stir it.[/font]

Well NVB!

I changed one Word from your Original Thread!

Can You Imagine if I woulda Changed a Couple Words?:D

Actually vanilla I have answered the question many many times on this thread. What I know about this buck is HE IS A WILD ANIMAL. Somehow you are too stupid to realize that.

Also you brought up some crazy murder case to compare to this deer investigation. What again is the statute of limitations for shooting in the city limits?

Short gun,
I will keep listening to my lawyer buddies before I take anything you say seriously.

"Also you brought up some crazy murder case to compare to this deer investigation."

Says the Pig who compared a deer to a pit bull and its owner.

>>OK! Everyone! Please let's all just
>>take a step AWAY from
>>the computer for a little
>>while. I remind you... This
>>is the INTERNET!
>>
>>I have to admit though, the
>>SFW comment was priceless!
>>
>>PS: I'm just sore cuz Bess's
>>thread got more posts than
>>mine. ;-)Don't make me start
>>a new one! I'm warning
>>you!
>>
>>[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,
>>I just stir it.[/font]
>
>Classic! ^^^^right there my firends.
>
>Sorry, I have nothing new to
>add.... but then it seems
>I'm not the only one.
>
>Zeke

I don't either but it is amazing how a post with a potential of maybe 30 responses blows up to 125 and growing :) Rather entertaining sitting here at work with nothing else to do in the middle of the night.

On second thought, I do believe that buck was poached simply do to it not being displayed on here with a MB logo attached to it :)

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

It will come down to the character of the witnesses and the shooter of the buck, If the character of the shooter is lower then Whale$hit he will be convicted. Jury trail or Judge only will be a deciding factor to I would think. Just MHO.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom