Hawkeye or X-bolt?

F

FAB

Looking to buy a new Deer/Antelope rifle in 25-06 and after doing some research online I'm down to these two mainly because I'm a lefty and both of these come in left hand models. The cost difference isn't important for me but things like overall quality and a good trigger is. The Ruger is heavier than the Browning but the X-bolt is prettier. Have seen some negative reviews on the Ruger triggers but have they fixed that with their newer trigger? Any opinions/experience positive or negative with these models are appreciated.
Thanks, Fred.

i shoot left handed and have a 300 mag hawk-eye. i like the gun a lot. it shoots great patterns and i am shooting to 800 yards at the range for fun. i have never had a problem with any thing on the gun except the the scope rings they gave me and they rusted up. the gun has been used in every type of weather.

i have no info on the x-bolt.

the trigger is just fine. i got the gun 3 years ago maybe 4 and no problems.

my only complaint is the scope rings that were provided and also the 3 postion safety system. it takes a little time to get use to but once you do it aint that bad.

I have both a Hawkeye and x-bolt in similar caliber. Something about it, I like the x-bolt better. Trigger is solid in both rifles

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom