Hayden Pass Fire

LeeWoiteshek

This fire is burning in GMU 86. My first rifle tag is right over the mountain in GMU 82. I fully expect the fire to crown the mountain and cross over into 82, as the Forest Service isn't fighting it at altitude.

My question is will the elk run from 86 into 82? Will they keep running from the smell of smoke until they're poolside in Cancun drinking margaritas?

Should I turn on my tag as FS isn't planning on full containment until 10/01/2016? (Not out just contained)

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

With the winter kill this past winter and now the fires you guys should avoid colorado the next 10 years! Or the monsoons could hit next month, put out all the fires and wash all the critters to new mexico! Better make that 20 years!

Don't think animals will run to the next country. Just will stay ahead of the flames. wouldn't panic yet. Pray for rain!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Could end up being great. Animals wont go far from the fire, and will be right back into the area as soon as the flames are out.

A little rain can go a long ways around here. Seen a few bulls and deer taken from burn areas, the antler color was incredible with the added char in the area.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

Hey DW,
I will fuel the flame :)

Two years ago we hunted a fresh burn and the elk were right in the middle of it. With the evergreen limbs gone those tan bodies stick out like neon lights on that black background!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-24-16 AT 09:30AM (MST)[p]Dammit lb!:D
I saw what you did there too by the way!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-25-16 AT 09:33AM (MST)[p]I was able to see a USFS computer rendering of the fire. Appears it burned down slope all on the east side.

At the time of my initial post I was concerned the fire would crown the mountains and run down the west side too.

I'm hoping monsoon season will put it out.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom