HB 24-1292 Colorado's New Assault Weapons Ban

They flaunt their fall left achievements with smug pride shoving in any face they can. Had this happen to me Wednesday during a public Q&A meeting with several state agency department heads. I am familiar with those in attendance where 18 questions were asked and 1 question not getting a response. Mine. Yeah I'm a bit bitter about it too. The mother pluckers.

Unfortunately, 11 states (including DC) have "Assault Rifle" bans. Reading the wording, it's obvious the people writing these laws don't know what they're talking about. Thumbhole stocks and muzzle brakes are among the features that, not by themselves, combined with others can constitute an AR.

I was curious how those 11 states ranked in violent crime. They were not at the top of the list as I suspected.

I thought it odd that my home state of TN was ranked #6. But digging a little deeper, the rate in Memphis was the second highest in the nation at 842 (2019)! The overall state was 621 (2022), meaning 10% of the population is significantly impacting the total crime rate in the state.

Yea, I know. Different studies, different databases, different time frames. And apparently, I must've had too much time on my hands this evening! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom