HD 360 & 362 Cow Elk Change

maxxbob1

There is a proposed change in the regulations for 2009 in the Hunting District 360 & 362 licenses. The Game Department is asking for public comment. It looks to me like the only change is that the cow elk licenses are unlimited, over the counter now, instead of the drawing. That is great news for me. I have went up there and shot a cow in past years when I didn't get drawn anywhere else, but I had to decide to apply by the first of June drawing. Now I can operate in my standard mode of being flexible (i.e., deciding at the last minute). I like having a backup plan in case I don't get drawn for the NR Deer / Elk Combo. This year I went up with Mike from Yakima (Deerhuntr4885). He killed a bull with his combo tag and I got a cow with my B12 Antlerless license (Tikka T-3, 25-06, 100 grain Nosler Partition). Here is the article:
http://fwp.mt.gov/news/article_7549.aspx

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom