Headed to 68 next week

COBOHNTR09

Any thoughts on what the Elk are doing during this time. I'm use to Archery hunting earlier but excited to get out with the rifle this time... Are the Elk still bugleing or easy to locate?

Elk seem to have quieted down a bit. Still respond to calling somewhat, but not as much as the end of muzzy season. Should be able to locate them tho.

What part of 68?

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Hard telling what to expect for sure...might hinge on the little bit of weather moving into some areas as I write this. Just returned from helping a buddy on his first rifle elk hunt and they were absolutely crankin' both this morning and this evening as we were breaking down camp. Just going ballistic on there own. We were in central colorado. They have been reasonably quiet where we hunted ever since the last storm/snow front came thru a week ago. We have been able to get some to talk to us and several came to the call but this morning they really lit off. Bulls mounting cows this morning. It will be interesting to see what this coming weekend brings. No suprise but the more pressured elk were doing their thing as well just far less vocal. They would talk to us if we got them going tho. Good Luck!!

Storm King...anywhere near the USFS cabin? You going up this weekend? If so, I would stick to Storm King or Tracy or Bidell.

>I've hunted Strom King and upper/lower
>south parks.. During Archery though,
>never during rifle season.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom