Headed to B-zone this weekend

cjboz

Very Active Member
Well I cant stand it being here in Nor cal and not going hunting. Some of you may call me a dumbass but I am dropping the dough for a NR B-zone tag. Headed out this weekend with a good family friend to see what we can get done with our bows. Mainly glassing, scouting and hopefully a stalk or two.For the most part getting dialed in for rifle season. I wish I could get a C tag though. I have been in the big woods with my dad helping him move logging equip around and seen some dandys!!! People ##### about Kali hunting, but I have been here just a few months and have scene 5 20-24 inch 4 points, one 26 inch 3X2 and numerous freezer forkies. Hopefully we will go in the next few weekends scouting for his C rifle tag.

cjboz, I could see paying NR fees to be able to hunt. I'm a poor man by many peoples standards but when it comes to hunting bucks, i've done and spent whatever it took.

It's easier for me, i have no wife or kids to provide for. I've always been a worker but when it's hunting season, i figure that i work so that i can go!

Sounds like you have a good C zone spot. Those aren't easy to come by in my book. I see dinks every year but they've all been passed on and though i get a "c" zone tag most years, i've not shot a buck in that zone for years! Good luck!!

Joey

I hope you stick a nice buck Craig. I don't think buying a NR B-zone tag is a bad idea at all. The way I figure your there and have the opportunity and you never know what you just might run in to.

You still have your Aussie? Mine has FINALLY turned 2 and despite being put on notice numerous times for counter surfing, stealing anything she can from the kitchen to get me or my wife to chase her, terrorizing the cat (she actually likes the cat but cannot resist a chance to herd kitty around the house), chewing things that I never knew dogs chewed, she is starting to act like a pretty good dog now. Maybe one more year and she will be normal.. maybe.

Have a good hunt..

Jim

its nice to know there is sickos like me:) Yeah there is definitely deer over there but not to many big bucks. More or less just a hunt.

Mod 70 yep still have my dog. He is alot of fun with our babies. He sleeps in the hall in front of their room or and follows my wife around like her shadow. since the kids are in little jumper toys he comes and visits with them and even brings the tennis ball over in front of it. I think he wants them to throw it for him. lol
We got lucky on no chewing or tearing anything up, but my wife got a shitzu a few weeks before I got Hank so they were buddies and went through the puppy stage together. Aussies need alot of companionship so those two worked out perfect for each other. Even though my Aussie is submissive to the little #####...zu:)

B zone is alot of fun...Bow season is a blast and you pretty much have it to yourself!! Rifle season definetly is more nerve racking with the crowds..I would not drive from Utah to hunt it but from Nevada...I would!
have fun!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom