heading out tomarro

moseleymiddleton

i will be heading out in the morning for my uit 63 goat tag. should be alot of fun becouse the rancher said the tank my blind is at has 300 head a day go by so hopfully i close the deal on a 14 + inch goat by noon so i can be home intime to strip all of the meat off and take it in to be ground and traded for summer sasage and hot sticks.

moseley middleton

Come on Moseley....you want the hunt to last longer than just noon, don't you? This is the time youwork for, the time that you've earned to be out in the field. You want it to be gone in a 4 hour hunt? I suppose you've got to shoot the best goat that comes in but take your time....enjoy the hunt! Good luck!!

Steve

I've always grown up rifle hunting antolope with the mindset as target practice. but by the way the weather sounds its going to be tough tomarrow becouse 70% chance of rain and a high of sixty four degrees i dont think they will be to thirsty. but we will see.

moseley middleton

LAST EDITED ON Aug-14-08 AT 09:28PM (MST)[p] It's amasing how fast a little rain can change were they'er watering at. Good luck, hope to see some pic's later this week.

went out this moring and got rained on, pluse cow trampled my blind the tank i was set up on went dry. and right behind it the filled there irragation pond and even if you set up in the middle its 130 yards to both sides. today just sucked.

moseley middleton

Is it possible to pattern where the majority of the antelope are coming into the area from? Some T Stakes and barb wire work pretty good outside the blind to keep the hairy steaks off it.

went out again today seen lots of good goats.had few close calles with one miss damn shoot through mesh. i'm not impresed, 50 yd shot, droped six inches to go right underneath. seen two that would be pushing 16 and two freakes so it was a great day maybe icould get out tomarrow mourning before apprentice cclass at one.

moseley middleton

Mose you never came back and told everyone about the one that didn't get away.
he is on to deer hunting now. i'll tell him to come back and tell the story of his goat.
he got a nice goat but i don't know about pics
deer population is bad this year it will be a tough year here.

Good luck, but it sounds like you won't even have time to enjoy a cigar or a beer!!! I know the Wyoming Goat hunt is sometime like a giant rabbit hunt. Good luck on this hunt and the rest of them this season!!!

well he got a 74" buck with his bow.
we have been deer hunting now but this week his wife has been in the hospital.
unlike most years I'm not as excited as i haven't been seeing much for deer. some good bucks up there but the population isn't even 1/4 of normal.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom