Helicopter caught on video

MuddyBoots

I was out on the extended archery yesterday when I had this happen. He circled around me a couple times REALLY close, so I know he saw me and still proceeded to land twice. The first time it was just above me and by the second time I had got my phone out to catch it. The video does not do it justice as it was much closer than it appears.

http://youtu.be/bckZ8RqYIgo

http://youtu.be/XTtPmrxnl98

I am not sure what the issue is here, it looks like you were probably on the same set of hills someone was training on or as mentioned earlier possibly an emergency of some sorts? what am I missing? Thanks.

I know where you were and that same chopper has done it to me since 09 when I started hunting the extended...

I have hunted the same spot and had that helicopter circle around close overhead several times. I've never seen them land though. Must be a training route they run.

Must be mudbacks DANG cronies at it again. I bet they planted the grasshopper bull for a rich eauropean to kill for 500K! Wait, how did you get up that far??? Don't they block roads??? Dang guides!

It was a big bodied 2 point. (this is my signature)

If it is really a problem get the tail number next time and report it to the FAA. They will investigate and make sure no regulations were broken, and if they were it will prove very costly to the pilot. or you could throw rocks at the tail rotor, that would probably make them leave.

this is the contact info for the salt lake FSDO for future inquiries.

1020 North Flyer Way
Salt Lake City, Utah 84116-2959

Phone: (801) 257-5020 Fax: (801) 257-5066

Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Mountain Time Monday - Friday except Holidays. Appointments are strongly encouraged.

This Guy flies once in a while.
2881copterslam.jpg

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

They put a new pipeline in up their this summer, they used helicopters to fly the pipe. I'm sure it was all part of that pipeline.

"And just what were these guys doing riding horses in an aspen thicket"
WhiskyMan

I'm not at liberty to say what it is they are doing but I can tell you it goes under the operation name of Lost Dutchmen. If you pay careful attention it takes off much heavier than when it landed.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Well you know, it isn't the helicopters that you can SEE that you have to worry about, its the ones you DON'T SEE!

Get you every time.

Big black ones.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

So you are directly east of the Bountiful / North Salt Lake airport where they teach helicopter pilots. One of the biggest heli schools on the wasatch front from what I understand. Then you wonder why they might have a helicopter running routes and practicing touch downs in rough terrain.

Just saying . . .

They are flying the pipeline, i worked on that project and they fly it twice a day one in the morning and one in the evening, and periodicly throughout the day if needed to check progress!what exactly did you catch it doing?

I see that crap all the time. It really bugs me. I've seen them scattering deer herds (whether intentionally or not) and touching down on the mountain in the dead of winter each and every year. Not a healthy practice for our struggling deer herds on the Front. I wouldn't mind seeing some restrictions placed on them during winter months.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom