Hello from Tennessee

T

TennMan

I just wanted to say hello from the South and express my gratitude for the info I've gotten from just lurking on this site. The pictures alone are worth spending time here. My two sons,son-in-law, and I enjoy your part of the world for at least a week or ten days every year and I guess I don't have to tell you how fortunate you are to live in such a beautiful place. We have hunted N. M. for elk and bear, Co. for elk and deer, and Wy for antelope. We are headed out to region J in Wy on Oct. 12th for deer. Sometimes we hunt with an outfitter and sometimes we do the public land. We always remember that even though we are on public land we are still your guests and that you live there year round. I have to say that we have met some of the nicest folks while hunting out there that have been very helpful in every respect. Even on public land we always visit the nearest ranch and let the landowner know who we are and that we will be hunting close by. We all grew up on farms and we all respect the hard work that goes into running a ranch. In Tenn. we are pretty much overrun with whitetails and turkeys, the county that I live in which is just east of Nashville has limit of three bucks per season and more does than you can shoot. The spring turkey limit is three toms and we also have a fall season of one of each with additional tags available if you want them. Again, thank you folks for the pictures and the conversation. Good hunting to you and if any of you venture towards Nashville I would more than happy to help out in any way that I can.

Welcome to the boards Tennman. :)

Sounds like you are a very respectable hunter. I've lived in NM all my life and have met quite a few NR hunters and not all have your views on hunting other states. Good Luck on your hunts.

Later

TennMan,

Welcome aboard, you can and will pick up some good info and likewise, can pass on some as well.

What part of Tenn. are you from? Spent 9 months down at Ft. Campbell back in the early 60's had a great time there.

Brian

kilowatt, I live on the east side of Nashville in what used to be the small town of Mt Juliet, also the home of that great American, Charlie Daniels. The area is now considered just part of Metro Nashville, we are about an hour from The Screaming Eagles at Ft. Campbell. There is some really good hunting on the post but it is such a hassle for non military to get a permit that we don't go up there very often.

TennMan:

Welcome to MonsterMuleys. Nice to have someone from the heart of country music land!

BOHNTR )))----------->

Welcome aboard! Im probably about the closest thing to a "neighbor" as you'll find with any regularity on here... Missouri.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom