Hello I'm Sean. A Mule Deer Addict Anonymous

bugleboy

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-10 AT 04:38PM (MST)[p]I need some serious consult haha. Thought you guys would relate.

I can't stop thinking about this one mule deer on the High Wasatch Mountains :/

He haunts my dreams and every waking moment of my life.

To get to his area it takes 4-5 hours of vertical hiking. It's a ridiculous distance to hike, but as you can all tell, well worth it.

I watched him for many days last summer and did not get the once in a life-time chance at him in the fall. I passed up on a few decent 4x4's, but would not take the shot.

This is the best photo I got of him. The other two bucks are an average 3x3 and the other is a good 4x4...and he dwarfs them both. The photo was taken from about a mile away, sorry for the pixelation.
09-14-09-02-1.jpg

More updates to come in July!

I've spent many many many days and miles looking for his sheds, but with no avail. I'm going crazy...

Why is it that the only buck i want now is the hardest buck to kill!?

Why is it that the only buck i want now is the hardest buck to kill!?

Cuz he's the biggest :)
Good luck.....sounds like your trying to earn him.. Patience and perserverance will reward you

For being so far away I would say you are not very pixelated at all. Looks to me like a great buck. But that hillside is open, with nowhere to stalk. Are you a bowhunter? I am and I would hike vertically for four hours to try a buck like that...but I would take a hammock, sleeping bag and lots of snack food and make it a few day trip. I hope you pick him back up this year.

Dillon

Yes. Archery Only is my passion. The terrain is mostly open, because of the tree line. But there is some deep pines. I'm looking at either an ambush from feeding to bedding area or a stalk on him in his bed. It's going to be next to impossible, but it must be done!!!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom