Hello Montana !!!

B

Brushmonkey

We (wife,kid,3 horses and a lab)Are evacuating Northern Minnesota and relocating to a ranch located 5 miles up Taylor fork south of Big sky.We will live and work there full time/year round.Somtimes adversity can create oppurtunity!!!

We hunt,fish and ride alot so we are very excited for the change.
Enough of the -35 to -45 below without THE wind chill!!! I'll take 300 inches of snow and 15 above any day.

We promise to not have an oppinion until we have been residents for 5 years......

Any word on a wolf season yet? Grizz?? or are you guys gettin stomped on buy the fluffy bunny vegans from NY??

We are Bowhunters,but we do pick up the rifles to Mop up if tags are not filled buy then.

Anyone out there hunt around that area?Well if you need to use a phone or fill your thermos stop by and say hi!!

See ya on the 19th of JANUARY!!

That is a great place to be. Lots of animals including wolves and griz obviously. We will let you have an opinion now if you like. The Californians have all sorts of opinions on Wolves here so why not you? Sorry Eel.

Made first run out(last week) with furniture and my 50" Mn Moose head.
Funny when I got there there was a moose in the yard!!! a Montana moose was within 50 yards of a minnesota moose(head).

There was a wolf killed elk along the drive way.....

Here in Northern Minnesota the local wardens wont even show up for a dead wolf report to determine cause of death.Mn has always had a lot of wolves, never were endangerd here.Lived and hunted around them my whole life.

I think they should have introduced them in Central park and Beverly hills first so they could truly appreciate how majestic the Timber Hyena is........they would loose there fondness for them as soon there Saint Bernard got killed in the back yard.

With the wolves,is there good hunting in the taylor fork area?
I prefer back country hunting and will have lots of pack stock at my disposal.Been eye balling the west slope towards the madison side of lee metcalf on google earth....cant wait to learn that country!!!! actually I feel like a little kid waiting for christmas......never bowhunted elk or even heard one bugle in the wild !!!! goose bumps

Have a great day

Lot's of Griz by your house and lots of game. I'll be snowmobiling up by you in a few weeks. Seriously though get "bear smart" in your new digs. They are there and I'm sure you'll see some this spring.

I'll second that lots of griz....be careful thats were they take problem griz and drop them off!! Awesome area though. Are you gonna be at the 9 quarter circle ranch??

Congrats on the move to a great place. Some of my best memories are from times just a bit down the road past your ranch and a half-day hike in. I'm sure you'll be up there come spring. Drop me a PM if you'd like.

John

Well we are unpacked,settled in and working !!
Yes we are at 9 quarter circle.

So far this state has the most friendly people i have encounterd in my life!!.....Big sky has the most plush elementery school i have ever seen..carpeted hallways and log furniture..

Good golly are there Coyotes here......lost all my calls in the move,went to Bozeman,new calls and got some ammo for the old critter gitter.

Grizz smarts?...is it best to keep a slow person with you that you can out run.......or a .44 to shoot self in the head if things go wrong????

I plan to bowhunt as much as i can,Whats best bear spray or a pistol?

Hey John,Ill be dropping that pm in day or three.

Have a Great Day!!!

both!!!...Pistol so you can shoot them first and spray so you can spray them after you shoot them so the game warden knows it was self defense-Hatrick

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom