Hello NM!

K

ktc

I am getting tired of those knuckle-heads up north!;-) So how is it going down here? I struck out in Utah, so it is NM critters I am after!}>

Howdy man, just waiting for the good old draw results to come out in June....wait wait wait. Slow turkey season but hopefully they won't screw up the results like they did with oryx....and hopefully there will be some tags in the mail!

Good luck with the draws, killed two cougars. Isn't there some sort of "Antlerfest" coming up soon in your neck of the woods? Is it worth making a special trip for?

trout,

After the oryx draw I was institutionalized for a bit. I was told not to go to the NM forum for a bit. I think I am doing better and feel I can concerse with the New Mexicans again.;-)

mozey,

I have never been to AntlerFest. I hear it is good? I only live a mile away, but doubt I will go. I just don't get into big camo gatherings much. If you come up let me know and I will swing by and say hi.

madglasser,

I spoke to Bob the other day at the store. Sounds like you guys had a fun hunt. I have sent you some emails, but have not heard back? Did you change you address or just been busy? We were thinking about a 2b or 2c guided thing for deer? Let me know if your email changed?

Cookie2,

We do have a deal. No elk application, just goat and deer. I am done/taking a break from elk!;-)

KTC..

where is 2B or 2C? only I know where to find the oryx but not the deer!

how are things up in Utahard? NM r doing good execpt the dry season and the forest fire!

Vinihunt

Isn't 2B the Stallion and 2C the Rhoades Canyon? Good to see we have not run you off yet Moderator Vini!

NUTT,

Sorry buddy, at $4.39 a gallon I better not chase prarie dogs? If I draw anything I might need one of you guys to pick me up at the airport and take me hunting?;-)

KTC, yeah, that oryx draw caused me to blow a couple of fuses as well...I couldn't tell what had happened for a while there. No worries though, you'll draw something sooner here than you will in Utah. I'm hoping my draw luck continues to hold out this year and that the system doesn't crap out again come results time...

trout,

Yup, that one still stings a bit!;-) My wife told me last night she wished I would have drawn Oryx? Brought back some bad memories!

KTC,
In the past a couple of us have tried to discourage some Utah MM members from moving to NM.

After gleaning wisdom and advice from your posts, I for one say pack you stuff and come on down. We could use another good man. I will do my part to make you welcome!

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

Gee, thanks my friend. A good man? I rarely get called anything like that on MM! Take a look around MM. The NM forum is my favorite. Never any bickering and people help each other. I have made some damn good e-friends on this forum.

Truth is buddy, I have never hunted in a state where the people were so friendly, they welcomed you, the hunting was good, the mountains were clean of trash, and a couple of times I needed some help and people did everything they could.

I enjoy the desert, loved the satellite farm (for some reason!;-)), and just enjoyed getting back to a slower pace and away from the traffic. If I ever make my way down, I promise to behave myself! :) I could tell NM was just my pace.

In the past a couple of us have tried to discourage some Utah MM members from moving to NM.

Do's that include me???

Im requesting permission to come hunt your state as well... It seems I have to move to Texas for family reasons in a couple months so if I want to chase Elk ever again close to home it will be in NM...

KTC, here is a picture of your beloved satellite farm. I think it is the sole reason for the elk growing such nice antlers in the surrounding units:

DSCF0078.jpg

Hope the rest of the draw treats you better.

Hawk,

Come on down! Vistors (especially mods) are always welcome. It is a peranent move that has been questioned in the past. lol

Where in Texas is the move taking you?

Thanks! The satellite farm brings back some good memories!;-)

Don't let nochawk in unless you save a place for me? nochawk isn't as cool either.;-)

That will make your closest NM elk hunting in my neck of the woods. Let me know if i can help.

LAST EDITED ON May-14-08 AT 07:50PM (MST)[p]So when is the draw? June 15th or so? I am feeling lucky that I am getting Cookie2's elk tag!}>

trout,

Is that 16E for elk in the background? I am saying yes, but probably not? 17 maybe?

Pretty sure thats 17. 16E is a little farther west.
Draw is the 18th. Soon we will be watching our CC's!!

The photo is taken looking North West (towards Datil and the Cibola Nat'l Forest), from a spot just South on NM 52 from the VLA turn-off from NM highway 60. So, that is essentialy the Northeastern corner of 16E with the Southern edge of 13 in the background. I took the photo standing on 52, the Western boundary of 17 and Eastern edge of 16E. My back was to 17 in this picture.

I hope to maintain my sanity before and during the damned draw process....I think I developed a nervous tick as a result of the oryx draw and my mental health can't take it any more...

Thanks trout! That is God's Country without any doubt. Well, Rocky Mountain God's Country. Belize is tropical God's Country! Utard is just Utard!;-)

May 15th, 264?;-) Nope, gotta be June 15th! Oh well, you are in the game for at least a month!

Don't let nochawk in unless you save a place for me? nochawk isn't as cool either.

HUMMMMM I think KTC want to have all his posts nuked....

Just how big a boy are you, k? If you draw MY tag we're gonna have to find out if you're "big enough!!";-)

What do you mean nuke my posts? You already do?;-)

Cookie,

I am a big wuss. Seriously? 6'6" and 242, however, I am only a fat, slow, out of shape wuss with a busted back. I just pulled my elk app. I don't wanna mess with ya!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom