help 21a

E

elknut209

I drew this tag as my 3rd choice because of the time with the rut and genetics. Dont know where to start but thinking 4-5 days in the backcountry and the rest near privite land. the dates are sept 16-26. Ihave hunted 16a twice so I can help give info there. Dont need any secert spots just what to know what tree they are tied too ..lol....

I hunted there 2 seasons ago with a outfitter. There were 4 hunters in camp and we hunted hard for 5 days. We only saw 4 elk in the 5 days and lucky for us they were all 6X6's.

rough country, dry country, up and down country, not alot of elk country...get into good shape and be ready to walk a little and then a little more...lol...good luck, maybe i will see you there, i got the same hunt =0)

What ixsol said. Nasty country but there are some monster bulls that hide out in the hell holes in 21A. Do your scouting and you should find some nice bulls. Not a lot of them but if you are willing to cover some country you will find them. The elk in the North end of the unit tend to move around a lot between water, cover, and private between 21A, 21B, and 17. Sometimes literally hitting different water every day. But, if you find any water that is being used heavily this might be the year to stay around it... Was a very dry winter and spring down there as all of our tanks were completely dry in the North of 21B (fenceline bordering N boundary of 21A). I've seen some monsters in 21A that were out feeding in midday in the nastiest of canyons and I know they stay there when they are pressured. Good luck and I would hold out for a nice bull the first couple of days.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom