Help Catching A Racoon???

O_S_O_K

OK, I know this is going to sound really odd but I work with a gal here in SLC that is having some Coon problems.

She needs someone to come and help her with it.

She has tried Animal Services, Forrest Service, etc...

She did call a private person but they want a lot of money to come and remove the animal ($500).

She is willing to pay some money but just not $500. Maybe $200???

Anyway, I told her I would put this out there and see if anyone may be interested in helping her out.

Maybe someone wants to trap the Coon and stuff it and still earn $200 bucks?

If anyone is interested please advise. Thanks

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Can you send me a picture?(Of Her)

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

....tell her to leave a basketball and 2 watermelons in the back yard...

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Tell her to go buy a $50 have-a-heart cage trap. put a few mini marshmallows in the trap at the back, and one in front of the opening. coon will be caught in no time.

2nd that get a catch-em live trap(the big size) and those jumbo white Marshmallows, Then call you to do a shot to the back of the head. No more bandit.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

That's some funny stuff guys - ROFLMAO

I should know better than to use "Coon" for short :)

I actually told her the same thing as far as the trap goes and if she can't get anyone to assist her then that is what she will do.

I would be more than happy to "take Care of it" when it is caught, I just don't have any experience actually doing the catching.

So question for you guys. She thinks they are getting in to her attic through her chimney. Its an older home. She says she hears it scratching on the ceiling when she is going to bed. She has not actually seen it but everyone is telling her it has to be a racoon. Sound like one to you guys or could it be mice or something?

If it is a raccoon then does she need to set the trap up on the roof or in the attic or can she just set it out in the backyard?

Thanks for the replies and any assistance you can give.

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Put chicken wire over the chimney and put the trap in the attic. If you dont catch one then its not a racoon, or its just not in there. Then they cant get in anymore either. Until they chew threw the wire anyway. It could help rule them out anyway.

Guess nobody around here can take/likes a joke?
Damn,if there are holes big enough in the Chimney/Pipe/Roof/Attic for a Coon to get in it sounds like there might be need for some Plugging of Holes?

Rule # 1:
Don't get all excited when you catch your first Coon!
He's got lots of Buddies & Relatives,kinda like RANS,lots of Cousins!:D

It could just be birds getting in there. I think birds getting into her attic is more likely than a raccoon.

Thanks again for the responses. Sounds like she is wanting to give this a shot herself. She is going to go and buy a trap and see what she catches.

She is also going to get the holes plugged so she can keep'em from coming back in.

Apparently the Forrest Service will come and remove the animal for no charge if the animal is caught in a trap outside of the home.

I told her I will come and do the removal }>

Hey Sled_Guy, Anything we aren't thinking of?

I should know better than to ask - why would you leave a basketball and two watermelons for a racoon. I have trapped on and off for 20 years and never have a I used basketballs or watermelons. D13 is defintely one of the smartest guys on here so when he talks I certainly listen.

I agree with the others, the live traps are easy to use and nearly fool proof. I use a can of tuna and just punch holes in the top and this will last for a couple weeks even if you catch a couple. You will also catch every stray cat in the neighborhood.

CUPSY is the Sliest of all!
He can basically post the same thing I did in a round-a-bout way and his Post doesn't get NUKED!
Swear to Gawd He's SUCKIN UP to BrowNoser:D

Iowan?

May I ask who you voted for this last go around?
I'm just askin before CUPSY Splains the Bait.

PS; DO NOT LET HER RELEASE THE PESKY CRITTER SOMEWHERE ELSE. HAVE HER THROW THE TRAP IN THE LAKE (retrieve it with the rope she tied on before she threw it in tne lake)! NOBODY WANTS IT IN THEIR AREA TO CLAW IT'S WAY INTO ANOTHER HOUSE. I DON'T.

Zeke

Whatever Racoons are caught will no longer be a nuisance

:)

LAST EDITED ON Dec-06-11 AT 10:43PM (MST)[p]D13

I think shes talking about raccoon's. So explain to me how shes going to catch raccoon's with a basket ball and a watermelon. :D

Thanks for the info and the offers guys!

I actually placed an Ad on KSL and she had 2 guys in the area offer to come and take care of it for her for free.

That was really good of them and it really helped her out.

Funny thing was they never caught the Raccoon (thanks SWB for the correction) :) but they did find where it was getting in the house.

They patched it up and no more issue, YET.

The trap is still set but no luck.

Thanks again!

sounds like it has been trapped before, they are smart critters. Hard to catch them twice in a live trap.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom