help find me a camera?

joebobhunter4

could you try and find a camera with good zoom like good enough to see details on an animal at around 300 yards? i think unless thats like way to far or something? and is kind of quick so it can get like birds flying and stuff without being too blurry and all that other good stuff... i really have no idea what all those camera words mean... so i just need you to pick me out a camera and ill get one and you guys can teach me as i go along i hope! i was thinking in the range from $0-$500, give or take $50... i just need a good camera to take some good picutres, and i dont know whats better a digital camera or a film one... like what takes more quality of pictures but id like a digital one more to look at the pictures ive taken after i took them without having to print them... but if i had to id get a film one, thanks!

dont want much for 500 bucks do you. I think you better set your sights on somthing in your price range. I think we have given you the right information. $500 bucks wont buy you much. . . You should look at dp review and look only at the cameras in your price range. none will effectively do what youre proposing. . .

Take care, and good luck with your camera purchase.

We love our Panasonic FZ20. It's an amazing camera, and it's great for wildlife pictures. (12X Leica zoom, 5 megapixels.) Simple camera for beginners to operate with excellent and consistent results. Once you learn more about photography, you can adjust the manual settings for more customized photos. They go for about 400.00 and you can upgrade to the FZ30 (8 megapixels) for about 100.00 more. Check out dpreview.com and Amazon.com to read the reviews on these cameras.

Mrs. Desertflinger

Take a look at the Canon S2 IS. its a 5 megapixel camera with a 12x optical zoom and image stabilizer. cost is right under $400. for the money that you are talking about, that would fit. its a great little camera, and something that would be good to learn on and then step into a digital SLR when the budget allows it.

mark

I believe you could get a decent camera for $500.00, but a $500.00 camera will not do what you are looking for...the cameras mentioned above all seem to have pretty decent reviews and are popular here, but i think you're asking too much for $500. keep saving and get $1k and you will have a lot more options or live with what you get in your current price range.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom