Help ID this location

sticksender

Trying to identify the location or name of this lake. It's in the vicinity of the northeastern corner of Pitkin County, or near the south-central border of Eagle County.

Thought someone might recognize it from the picture. PM or email me if you prefer.

LakePictureSm.jpg

born_2_hunt thanks very much for your inquiry.

The picture was given to me by a friend and fellow MM'er who hunted in the area 7 years ago. He didn't mark GPS locations and can't recall the name of the lake.

Thanks once again for your helpful query born_2_hunt.

Tried that first & found nothing definitive due to the large number of lakes in the area and the lack of known scale in the pic.

No worries just hoping someone might recognize the spot.

Maybe part of Ruedi Res. on the border of both Counties...only a guess on my part. This picture does not show much if a Res.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

have the canadian wildlife officer on the sheep thread help you out with his new terrain software ;)

Sorry have no clue though.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Pretty sure the terrain and lake look like a lake and terrain up in the far north west corner of 48.. Not on the Pitkin side but on the Lake County side..

Dont know the name of the lake as I dont keep track.

Are you looking to hunt deer or elk up there?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-14 AT 09:13AM (MST)[p]Kayak nailed it. I don't have a deer/elk tag in that unit, was just trying to ID the vicinity for possible scouting.

PM sent to Kayak.

Try this spot in Google Earth. lat 39.356439 lon -106.418549

From the pic you posted the pic is looking East over the valley North of Turquiose lake and just to the North of leadville. Think the coord. are right in the middle of the lake in the pic

I agree, maybe looking to the south/west towards twin lakes/independence pass. I have killed a few archery bulls in 48. It's some nice elk country...

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom