Help Identifing a rifle

nmelk13

Being that I am not a big rifle guy I am hoping someone here might know what kind of rifle my granddad gave me 20 years ago I can't find it in my bible!!! All it really has on the barrel is 30-30 WCF Switzerland with a little stamped cross on it in a few places plus the serial #. I am jst trying to add up all my firearms worth for insurance purposes plus it's history I guess you can say...

Thanks
Arley (NMELK13)

Man, with that description it must be model 1894 winchester rifle, special order high grade wood with pistol grip, half round/octagon barrel sold originally to a swiss king and now worth $7500 dollars........a little more description might help.

JB

I am not a big rifle guru the barrel is round it takes a clip, wood stock, it has a big ring for the firing pin when you slide the bolt back it stays engaged or you can twist the ring and it goes into safety.... What else do you need to know?????????

Pictures, we need pictures..........

Mike
at235.gif

M1889 Schmitt-Ruben sporter. Not worth 100.00 in that condition.
Is the magazine missing? I belive they have a 12 round mag. Unless it has been converted to a lesser round mag.

Thanks Nunya,
Yeah it never came with a mag from my g-pa I guess he lost it. I just needed to figure out what the hell it is. Now that I found out what it is I want to get a mag just for sh$ts and grins and throw it back in the gunsafe...
Again thanks
Arley

Hey Arley the fact that old gun came from your grandad sure makes it worth more than a mere $100. Buy the mag. clean it up and pass it down proudly.

Silver- Yeah I don't care what it is worth in $$$ I cherish it like it was worth a million. I am having the stock refinished soon........I just needed to right down everything in my inventory for insurance... Got another ? for you gun guys or gals he also gave me a diamond arms 410 single shotgun. If you think that 30-30 is a mess you ought to see this one haaaaaaaaaaaaa.. It is funny how guns I grew up with are more $$$$ than what my g-dad had haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!! Thanks again
NMELK13

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom