Help!! Lost Archery Bull Utah Mt.Nebo

elknr

My 16 year old son Shot His first big bull on sept 12 And made a good shot right behind the shoulder.We waited for 10 mins and it started Pooring rain and washed all blood away.So we came back in morning and couldnt find him.If anyone is hunting on gentle band ridge or holman canyon or beaver dam Please keep an eye out for birds or dead smells.He was going down into beaver dam side after shot.Its not a matter if he is dead or not.My son passed on a 4 point the last day because he knows his bull is dead.We will be looking more each weekend.But please Let us know if you see or smell anything dead.He is a decent 5 or six point.His head was in trees so we dont know how big exactly..Call or text me at 801-910-4630 or 801-253-4615.Thanks for your help in advance.

keep looking, he is probably within 300 yards of where your son shot. also look where you already looked, its amazing how well a 700 pound critter can blend in. hope your son finds his bull.

Set up a grid. Work 20-30 yards at a time and then scan 360 degrees with your binos. Take another 20 yards and do the same. As stated, it is amazing how much a beast that size will blend in. The binos will help details (the tip of an antler tine, a patch of rump fur, etc.) stand out and help you cover and recover ground from different angles as you search.

If it was a solid shot, he wouldn't have gone far. If penetration was poor and it caught only one lung, he could have gone a long ways. If it was further forward in the shoulder and a muscle wound, he is probably chasing cows as we speak--though with a bit of a limp.

They will often double back, don't overlook searching the area right where you first hit him.
Good luck!

>They will often double back, don't
>overlook searching the area right
>where you first hit him.
>
>Good luck!
>
>
>
>
>

This and everyone's advice is pretty sound! My cow did just that, she took off like a bat out of hell only to turn and double back in mid "haul arse" and come straight back toward me. I waited a half hour and climbed out of my stand, found a huge puddle near an aspen tree, and got out of there. When we finally went back and tracked her, we discovered I almost stepped right on here (within 2 feet) but my mind was blown and I was anxious to get out and get help. Good luck, sorry he wasn't recovered right away:/

Don't stop looking! Start right where you shot him and make increasing larger circles with each pass no farther than 10ft in between, I mean 10ft! When you come across thick vegitation crawl right into the center of it. Hope you guys find him!

He's still alive... Has the arrow in him, but he's rutting cows hard. Doesn't seem too bothered by it at all. My buddy has video of him.

"Speak It Like It Is, Not Like It Ain't"

Nope, it's not the bull on Tines Up, that bull was on the Manti. This bull is on the Nebo, same ridge he said his boy shot it on.

"Speak It Like It Is, Not Like It Ain't"

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.aRE YOU SURE You even have the right mountain.This bull isnt going to be ruttin any time soon.I have had alot of calls about an arrowed bull down by st george,the manti ETC.Is this on Mt Nebo where you seen this?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom