Help me! Just starting to reload

Ellensburg

Well for Christmas I received a LEE brand reloading kit. It is the aniversary kit. Comes with a bunch of stuff. I also got the .257 roberts die kit. I probably have 100-200 brass casings from saving over the years. I need help with what to buy next. I know i need primers, bullets, powder. If any of you actually reload .257 we probably need to talk on pm or msn but any help would be greatly appreciated. I have NEVER loaded a bullet so I may sound stupid but please bare with me. What should I buy? Where should I buy it? Thanks guys

The first thing you should buy is a reloading manual (Speer makes a highly detailed manual) and read it front to back and again.Don't take someone elses load and expect it to work good or be safe in your rifle just cause the calibers are the same.One of the best advantages of reloading is dialing a load to your gun and your gun only.

When you buy powder and primers you will probably want to buy them localy or you will have to pay a hazardous shipping fee.

The rest of the components you can usually mail order to save money,when I have time I will post some links to a few places I buy from.

Sportsmans wharehouse has everything you need including the manuals, and for prices as good as mail order, generally. Just read that manual 3 times before you start. Buy inexpensive bullets to start with, that way you wont feel like skimping on your practice, and more practice makes for a better load.....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom