Help! Out of Sight Adjustment Space

Gorilla

I have a G5 Optix LE .019 5 fixed pin sight. I have run out of adjustment space on my 40 yard pin. The housing is moved to the end of the threads and the 40 yard pin is in its max position and I am still 5-6 inches high at 40 yards. I don't have any move adjustment space on my 40 yard pin.

I have a 2006 Bowtech Allegiance and I have it paper tuned to a perfect bullet hole, so I don't want to touch/adjust the rest height and nock point.

Any advice. Would moving my peep sight help? If so, what direction?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-11 AT 02:32PM (MST)[p]Yes moving your peep would help. Thats one of two options, and the prefered one in my opinion.
The lower your peep is, the lower your pins have to be to sight in.

So in moving your peep up, you give yourself more room to move your entire sight housing up as well.

The other option is to put a drop bracket on your bow then attach your sights to that.

Also try shortening your release. That will help keep everything on your anchor point tight and also helps in moving your peep up on the string.

Mathews Z7
CX Maxima Hunter 350
Sure Loc Single pin
TEAM RAMROD

WB is right. Your anchor point must be odd. Take a picture of yourself at full draw and post it here.

It may be your grip. when you are at full draw and ready to shoot, loosen your grip and the bow will un-torque.

Also, it may be your rest. if your rest is not centered it may cause you to hit to one side. shoot the arrow through paper and adjust the rest until you get a bullet hole.

I agree about the anchor point and peep location. How is your draw length also? Post a pic as suggested and lets take a look.

Here is a picture of my anchor point.

5639pic.jpg

Your anchor looks a bit low and you draw length looks a bit long. Hard to say though without a full picture of you holding the bow. With most releases, your trigger should be just below the corner of your mouth. Would like to see another picture taken a few feet back, where we can see more of your stance and the bow. Also check to make sure that when you have an arrow nocked, it should be crossing through the top half of the Berger hole (the threaded hole that your rest screws into).

I agree DL looks a bit long. Shortening this will probably help your anchor also. How is your bow arm? Bent? locked? Another pic would be great.

I agree with all the above posts. I also think your anchor point could be moved up. Your knuckles could be moved to right below your ear/jaw bone for a more stable and consistant position. The V of the bow string usually is a lot closer to the corner of a shooters mouth than what yours appears to be in the picture.

Just my 2 cents!

Thanks for the responses. I will try shortening the draw length a bit and move the pep down so my anchor point is a little bit higher.

+1 you're anchor point is too low. Shortening your draw length up and adjusting you're peep should fix the problem.
Coloradoboy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom