Help Outfit Bow

cabinfever

Very Active Member
I ordered me a hoyt xtec yesterday and here is how I'm thinking of outfitting it. Any suggestions would be appreciated as well.

sight=spott hogg real deal
rest= trap door
quiver= 2 piece hoyt
arrows= gold tip
stabilizer= what ever feels the best
release= tornado
loop= any suggestions
broadheads= any suggestions

thanks
cabinfever

I would go with the Copper john sight instead, half the price almost and an awsome sight. Broadheads I would go with Muzzy and I carbon express arrows... just my opion though.

Hoyt makes a great stablizer (I think it's called the Doinker), you should check it out. Mechanical broadheads do well for deer and fly like field points-I have killed 2 muleys and a whitetail with the same 3-pack and I haven't needed to make any adjustments to my bow to get them to fly right.

Go with a doinker stabilizer for sure, if you buy a hoyt stabilizer it is a doinker so thats cool. I like the Scott release they are great. I still havent found my favorite broadhead yet, I have been shooting the MUZZY 100's for a few seasons but I am thinking about going to the Rocket Bacon Skinners. You will love your Hoyt for sure!!

Great bow & sight, stick with the Spot Hogg, you won't be sorry.
I like the Sims stabilizer system. Gold tip makes a great arrow, can't go wrong there, go with the XT or Pro. After trying several releases, I got a Tru-Ball short & sweet, and it's short & sweet ( for string loops only ). Just about any broadhead will kill a deer, and if you bow is tuned right, many of the fixed blade heads WILL fly like a field point, but if you want to go top notch, look at the Magnus Stingers, or Monteg G-5.

Fever-

congratulations on your new bow, and excellent choice on the sight. You can buy a cheaper sight, but not a better one!

For a stablizer, check out the vibra-check, moderate weight but really cuts the sound & recoil.

Most importantly, check out the new vanes by New Archery Products (NAP). They have a slight bend at the trailing edge that radically increases the rate of spin, even if they are fletched straight, increasing accuracy with broadheads.

Have fun.

The Spot Hogg is a great sight. The Copper John has very fragile fiber optics and they are easily broken off the pins by brush etc...

I've switched to a Montana Black Gold Dusk Devil. It's a great sight, but the housing is a bit big to see through your peep. This leaves you a bit unsure as to peep/housing alignment. The cool thing about it is that it has a third axis built into the pin plates. You can see instantly if you are torquing the bow with this sight. It's just another visual to make sure you are doing the same shot every time. Tough call between it and the Spot Hogg for me.

Make sure you do a powder or lipstick test on your arrows and rest. The trap door has been difficult for some to get perfect clearance from on many occations.

The rest of your set up is just personal preference and will all work great.

Let me know if you want to go huck arrows sometime. I'd love to compare it to my Ultratec set up.

Cheers,
Pete

Well guys after spending 3 hours and trying out all the rests, releases, stabilizers and so forth at Jakes Archery,I set my X-tec up as follows:
sight=real deal spotthogg
stabilizer=hoyt (doinker)
rest=whisker biscuit
quiver= two piece hoyt quiver
release= hot shot
arrows= gold tip 5575

I will tell you i thought i'd never own a whisker biscuit, because i had the mind set that the drop aways were the only way to go.However, after trying one out, I bought the new generation biscuit which has vitually no effect on arrow speed.

Love my whisper buscuit. Can't see any negative diference in it and anything else I've used, and I can move my bow anywhere and not have to worry about holding the arrow on the rest.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom